Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You seldom find anything prettier than a Browning hi power. The finish is amazing as the photographs show. Friend came out to shoot yesterday and I cleaned it for him. I was shocked to see all the machine marks inside such a finely
82E3C5B8-65E4-421A-A539-DF36D5AB32C0.jpeg
36B93199-F012-45D5-952C-953451648B26.jpeg
finished pistol.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Love everything about mine except for that hammer bite.

·
Super Moderator
26,332 Posts
Pretty pistol! Don't own one of those but I hate the hammer bite I get from my"milspec" 1911.

·
Registered
20,253 Posts
sweet...

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It’s not my pistol but I was just very surprised to see the machine marks. When you look at the bluing and finish it looks like a Mercedes and then when you open it up it’s a bit of a surprise.

A good friend of mine on the police department many years ago was involved in a shoot out. Bad guys were in the house and lots of rounds fired. He ran out of ammo in his wheel gun and had to run out front, break the passenger window of the car (partner had keys) and get the box of ammo out of the glove box. The next day he bought a High Power.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
It’s not my pistol but I was just very surprised to see the machine marks. When you look at the bluing and finish it looks like a Mercedes and then when you open it up it’s a bit of a surprise.

A good friend of mine on the police department many years ago was involved in a shoot out. Bad guys were in the house and lots of rounds fired. He ran out of ammo in his wheel gun and had to run out front, break the passenger window of the car (partner had keys) and get the box of ammo out of the glove box. The next day he bought a High Power.
Great story.

You know why they are called Hi Power, right? Back in the day of inception, 13 rounds was considered a lot of ammunition in a pistol. That’s dwarfed by today’s standards but, not far off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Didn’t know that, Caleb. Interesting history.

During the shoot out one of the officers got hit through the front door as I recall. The bad guy didn’t count on him being a former Marine and a complete maniac. While bullets were flying, he ran around the back of the house came in and shot the armed bad guy in the back of the head while he was peeking out the front door trying to get a bead on another officer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts