Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was very surprised to see lots of ammo on the shelves yesterday! And the prices were pretty good. Somewhere around 30-40 cents per round for 9 mm.

·
Super Moderator
30,402 Posts
I was very surprised to see lots of ammo on the shelves yesterday! And the prices were pretty good. Somewhere around 30-40 cents per round for 9 mm.
Personally, I wound say, "better but still not great," but that's just me since 200% of normal is better but prices are falling. . . slowly. Good to know ammo is returning to the shelves though!

·
Registered
7,596 Posts
Slowly but surely….that’s goods news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Bass Pro Shop has been selling Winchester 100 packs at about .40 a round. They have a 500 round limit per day. If you order it on line they will ship to your home. Price for 500 rounds is $199.95 + $13.99 tax and with $10.00 shipping is $223.95 total. If you can find it in the store you save on the $10.00 additional shipping cost. So with shipping it’s .44 cents a round and without shipping its .42 cents per round on 500 rounds.

Natchetzss had 1000 rounds of CCI Blazer Brass was $399.99 + $29.10 tax + $15.77 shipping = $444.86 total shipped to your door. That’s .44 cents per round. They were recently sold out.

·
Registered
7,596 Posts
I'm holding out for 20 cents AT THE MOST. I will start stacking it deep again when it comes down to about 18 cents / round (and less).
This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
Air gun Trigger Sleeve Everyday carry Gun barrel
picked up 50 rounds of CCI .22 mag for 15 bucks for this new toy

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Would be nice, but wishful thinking and don't set ever coming back to those prices!
Sorry... you're wrong. They will. Just like last time. And, the time before that. Because the laws of economics don't go away.

Most FCCers said the same thing to me last time. And, the time before that. :)

I was right. And, I'm still right. :p The demand for ammo (and guns) is about to fall off a cliff.... again. I'm already seeing it at the LGS. And, when that happens, prices go down. Big time. They have to.

Reactions: joecarry

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Agree with Hacer.
Many places have stocked up big and will do so for a while.
When the cost of carrying inventory gets too high,the sales will start.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Sorry... you're wrong. They will. Just like last time. And, the time before that. Because the laws of economics don't go away.

Most FCCers said the same thing to me last time. And, the time before that. :)

I was right. And, I'm still right. :p The demand for ammo (and guns) is about to fall off a cliff.... again. I'm already seeing it at the LGS. And, when that happens, prices go down. Big time. They have to.
Welp, things are a lot different now then during other shortages (in a lot of different ways)! I don't ever see a brick of 22 coming back to $20 or a box of 9mm to $7.50, but I'll sure be happy (ecstatic) if they do!

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Welp, things are a lot different now then during other shortages (in a lot of different ways)! I don't ever see a brick of 22 coming back to $20 or a box of 9mm to $7.50, but I'll sure be happy (ecstatic) if they do!
It's EXACTLY the same situation as the previous times... supply / demand.

A brick of 22 will easily come back to $20, or less. The lowest I have ever bought (that I remember) a box of 9-mm is about $8.50. I see that coming back, too. 17 cents / round is easily possible. Maybe even cheaper.

Supply and demand. It's that simple. When demand drops off a cliff, and supply goes up... prices come down. It HAS to.

And, some of you guys said the same thing last time (and the time before): "I don't see it coming down. Ever." The laws of economics always win.

·
Registered
21,222 Posts
The argument before was that it wouldn't go below where it was before and it didnt...

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
The argument before was that it wouldn't go below where it was before and it didnt...
Huh? Sure it did. It went back down and then some. After the last frenzy / spike, 9-mm went back down to 15 - 20 cents / round depending on "quality."

In 2017, I bought a bunch of Winchester White Box for just shy of 19 cents / round. These were 100 round boxes.

Font Screenshot Recreation Games Publication

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
In 2018, I bought Federal Champion Aluminum (200 round boxes):

Just shy of 17 cents / round.

Font Screenshot Multimedia Software Number

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
In 2019, before the crap hit the fan... 15 cents / round for Winchester box of 100!

Font Screenshot Electronic device Software Wood

Reactions: joecarry

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
After my older brother got done grousing around inside the safe, I still have about 6,200 rounds of S&B 9mm (SB9A), FMJ all brass 115gr.
Note to former self: Try to prompt your brother into a more money-making career. :)

Anyway: Great range ammo. 1300 fps.

I went crazy circa 2016 with ammo "stockpiling".
I don't think I've bought 9mm since? Except hollow-points, when I wanted to standardize for the shorter barrel Glock-26, of course.
I have a habit of swapping out hollow-points with fresh (new) every 12-18 months no matter what. (I give the old ones to the aforementioned brother.)

For the FMJ, I think I paid in the neighborhood of $0.17, and may have paid shipping.(?)

The real pain point for me is .338 Lapua Magnum.
That stuff is downright expensive. Fun, but expensive. Roughly $4 a round for the cheap stuff.
Someday, I would enjoy getting into reloading as a hobby - but I need time, physical space and a mentor for that.
I'm an engineer, so I know enough about mechanics and calipers to be dangerous, as they say.
I would like to reload shotgun shells too, but I wouldn't bother with 9mm or 5.56.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
How come so many people have so much trouble understanding this simple fact? And I'm not just talking about here on the forum. I mean everywhere! Politicians especially!
I think the disconnect is that "Yes", the laws of economics always win.
The problem is the laws themselves are quite flexible.

AMC's recent stock price being the first example that comes to mind.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts