Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,607 Posts
The officer waited waaaay too long to engage, and obviously has never practiced a Mozambique drill.
When the shooting stopped I was yelling at the screen "why did you stop shooting?!?!?! keep shooting!!!!". Even after several hits he's still standing and still holding the gun. Thankfully he must not have been very determined to actually hurt anybody. Even once he fell it looked like he still had the gun in his hand. If they fall down and still have the gun in their hand I'd keep shooting them until they either tossed the gun, or until shots landing no longer registered a physiological response.

·
Registered
20,215 Posts
something about until they change shape or catch fire...

·
Super Moderator
26,087 Posts

·
Registered
54,244 Posts
The leo is under a huge adrenaline rush and is hesitant to shoot [ blame societal values/previous leo's being thrown under the bus by admins in an OIS ]. Loss of BP caused him to fall down.

·
Registered
10,496 Posts
Very lucky that the bad guy didn't shoot the woman or shoot back at the police. Yikes! He certainly had every opportunity to shoot the woman... but didn't for some reason.

Suicide by cop?

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
When the shooting started, the LEO was somewhere in the vicinity of the rear passenger door of the car; when the camera panned back out after 11 shots fired, we see him behind the front grille shooting over the hood of the car. So somewhere in that 11-shot volley he had to back up and seek cover, PLUS keep an eye on that other idiot who was jumping around and yelling something, presumably to the man who was shot. These factors make me wonder just how effective all those rounds were. I think I can see three, maybe four instances where the bullet impacts made a visible indication or the man's physical reaction show he was hit. Twelfth shot seemed to have been the money shot. Would be interesting to know how many shots hit and where.

There are two final shots but I'm not sure where they came from. They sound different than the initial 12.

·
Registered
7,607 Posts
There are two final shots but I'm not sure where they came from. They sound different than the initial 12.
I too noticed "late shots" that do not correspond to shooting activity on screen (BG is down and out and officer is no longer pointed in). I suspect maybe there is a sync issue between the audio and the video. Either that or someone else, somewhere else, is seeking attention that they don't really want.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I too noticed "late shots" that do not correspond to shooting activity on screen (BG is down and out and officer is no longer pointed in). I suspect maybe there is a sync issue between the audio and the video. Either that or someone else, somewhere else, is seeking attention that they don't really want.
I was curious if it was the BG who still had the gun in his hand, down, finals gasps, finally squeezed the trigger a few times because there is no doubt it is definitely a different report from the LEOs.

OHEng, as you mentioned, I noticed that too, was a lot of shots fired, I wonder if this officer made the statistical average of 50% hits.

Lastly I agree that if he had the gun in his hand, he DID wait too long to engage, what a risk, and lucky for the woman.

·
Registered
20,215 Posts
When the shooting started, the LEO was somewhere in the vicinity of the rear passenger door of the car; when the camera panned back out after 11 shots fired, we see him behind the front grille shooting over the hood of the car. So somewhere in that 11-shot volley he had to back up and seek cover, PLUS keep an eye on that other idiot who was jumping around and yelling something, presumably to the man who was shot. These factors make me wonder just how effective all those rounds were. I think I can see three, maybe four instances where the bullet impacts made a visible indication or the man's physical reaction show he was hit. Twelfth shot seemed to have been the money shot. Would be interesting to know how many shots hit and where.

does it make you wonder what mental or physical condition the perp may have been in, including what type of drugs he may be on?...some people are shot and dont even realize it until they see blood...its a pretty dynamic situation with a lot of possible factors we cannot see involved....

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
does it make you wonder what mental or physical condition the perp may have been in, including what type of drugs he may be on?...some people are shot and dont even realize it until they see blood...its a pretty dynamic situation with a lot of possible factors we cannot see involved....
Oh I'm almost certain just by the postures and the physical activity I watched that the perpetrator had been well dunked in the pickle juice before this incident started. There doesn't appear to be any pain reflexes going on at all, and he only slowed down at the point he could no longer stand - likely bled out enough to demand an earth kiss.

·
Registered
54,244 Posts
Saw a guy stabbed in the stomach with a blade during a scuffle and he didn't know he'd been stabbed until minutes later when his shirt was soaked in blood.

·
Registered
54,244 Posts
I was curious if it was the BG who still had the gun in his hand, down, finals gasps, finally squeezed the trigger a few times because there is no doubt it is definitely a different report from the LEOs.

OHEng, as you mentioned, I noticed that too, was a lot of shots fired, I wonder if this officer made the statistical average of 50% hits.

Lastly I agree that if he had the gun in his hand, he DID wait too long to engage, what a risk, and lucky for the woman.
National hit average for leo's is something on the order of 20-25%, some dept's seeing a hit rate of up to 50-60%. But that's not the national average for decades now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts