Florida Concealed Carry banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,444 Posts

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Marcinko's book Rogue Warrior and the follow-on books really are great reads!(y)(y)
I read the first dozen he wrote to include the leadership books which I thought were really good.

I found that by book 11 or 12 or so they started getting all too predictable and reocurring. However, I must’ve read the first 3-4 a dozen times each. It was standard reading for me anytime I took a cruise. I took one of his books. Loved his sense of humor and writing style more so with John Weisman as co-author then with latter ones with Jim DeFliece.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thank you for sharing. This is the first time I ever actually saw one in use. I read about them 30 years ago in the Richard Marchinko, Rogue Warrior books he wrote (which are awesome BTW. profane, action packed and can’t put them down) He was the creator of Seal Team Six and he mentioned using them in the 80’s for VIP protection work. His had the trigger built into the handle like this one. He also stated that if he ever needed to really use that in a crowd, friendlies were gonna get killed too. But I guess he was more concerned with whomever he had to protect.

That would make a nice Christmas present if anyone wants to buy one for me. :p
HKparts.net has a briefcase for sale for the low, low, price of $2995.00. Of course if you don't have an MP5 or SP5, that will set you back about another 3-4k.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,444 Posts
I read the first dozen he wrote to include the leadership books which I thought were really good.

I found that by book 11 or 12 or so they started getting all too predictable and reocurring. However, I must’ve read the first 3-4 a dozen times each. It was standard reading for me anytime I took a cruise. I took one of his books. Loved his sense of humor and writing style more so with John Weisman as co-author then with latter ones with Jim DeFliece.
You got farther into his books than I did. (y)

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Rick, this was the thread that also inspired me to build my first AR pistol. I had an extra lower sitting in the back of the safe from PSA when they were $39 bucks a piece. I bought a few of them and built a rifle out of the first one.

When I saw this thread it got me thinking on an AR pistol for the car for the hour long commute every day to and from work with the way things were going.

Palmetto had a labor day sale and I managed to score an 8.5” complete kit which I put on my stripped lower. In stock pick-ins were very slim with the market as it was. I bought a tennis racket bag off amazon as I found it wouldn’t fit in a standard back pack. Just a tad too big. I like the racket bag, very non tactical looking and innocent IMHO.

·
Super Moderator
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
That’s great Rick. I’ve been looking for a backpack that would look professional enough for work but not look tactical. Haven’t found it yet.

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Have you tried Walmart?
Walmart is the devil!

I have a 5.11 covert pack that looks nothing tactical from the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Super Moderator
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Walmart is the devil!

I have a 5.11 covert pack that looks nothing tactical from the outside.

Which one? The Dart. I had been looking at that one.

·
Registered
20,607 Posts
As I mentioned in another thread; I recently purchased an AR pistol; a POF P415 Edge.

Edgehill noted that it’d probably fit inside a tennis racquet case, so I picked up a cheap one today.

View attachment 69973 View attachment 69974 View attachment 69975 View attachment 69976

It works great, Andy! (y)
ive got to be honest...if i see someone carrying one of those in public and theyre not wearing a bobby riggs sweatband, polo, white socks and ill fitting white shorts all i can think is "gun"...

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
I was just thinking when I read your comment above that some tourist a while back in Epcot had an AR in a tennis bag and like a moron he let the bell hop take the bag. The guy picked it up and realized that was an awfully heavy tennis racket and opened the bag. He then alerted security who called Orange County SO. Cops show up and after some checking, Disney allows the family to stay but they secured all of his firearms, he had a 9mm too and kept them until he left.

Wouldn’t you say to the guy no thanks, I got that one and carry it yourself? :unsure:

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
I would imagine the average person would be absolutely clueless no matter what kind of bag you were carrying. Most would be to busy looking at their phones to notice you. :cautious:

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Well, my racquet case was on sale for $14.95...
Well if you are not dressed like John McEnroe in short shorts and a tshirt, that bag will look out of place.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts