Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,673 Posts

Also wouldn’t mind a small Mossberg Shockwave right now too either. Another shoulda bought it when I had the chance opportunity missed.

What to do? Decisions, decisions, decisions. :unsure:
You're in good company.
My brother badly wants a Shockwave; even offered me serious money for mine.
(Which I hardly ever shoot. But I'm going to keep it.)

Best I can do for a "backpack" gun right now is either the Tavor or one of my 9mm Glocks outfitted with the 33 round magazine. Both of which would be oddly oversized / disproportioned to the concept of a backpack gun.

·
Super Moderator
28,444 Posts
This thread brings up a familiar thread from five years ago on the governing Florida Statutes. So I thought I'd refer everyone to this thread, where posts from notalawyer (haven't heard from him in a while; hope he's ok), TitleIIToyLover, and BrianB, particularly in posts #15 and #25 that all provide some really good discussion on the issue.🤠

Reactions: brownie

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Some interesting comments here for sure, especially about magazine capacity.

My Ruger carbine breaks down quickly and goes back together just as fast (and fits INSIDE the motorcycle bags) but I think if I'll be carrying anything in the backpack (which I don't normally carry) but if I did, perhaps just a few spare 24 or 33 round mags would work well with the Glock 17, 19, 26, 34 or whatever the next double stack 9mm in the lineup happens to be!

A lot less bulk and much quicker to bring into play I should think. Could even carry all those spare magazines in a stylish "man bag" that I see all the hipsters wearing on their bicycles.

Would I prefer a rifle to a sidearm? Of course, but I don't normally carry a rifle with me on a daily basis.

Just trying to think more of daily carry rather than SHTF carry in the trunk of the car which would definitely be a rifle!

AD

·
Super Moderator
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
This thread brings up a familiar thread from five years ago on the governing Florida Statutes. So I thought I'd refer everyone to this thread, where posts from notalawyer (haven't heard from him in a while; hope he's ok), TitleIIToyLover, and BrianB, particularly in posts #15 and #25 that all provide some really good discussion on the issue.🤠
The summary I took out of that thread is that at most carrying a AR pistol in a backpack would be a $25 administrative fine because of the gun type.

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Super Moderator
28,444 Posts
The summary I took out of that thread is that at most carrying a AR pistol in a backpack would be a $25 administrative fine because of the gun type.
Me too, but thought others might appreciate reading that discussion. (y)

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Sub2000 in .40 with the Glock mag handle, to match my 3 Glocks & 10 of the 15 round mags. I IWB my G27, throw my G23 & G22 pistol in a laptop backpack I got, that the restraining system for the laptop perfectly snugs down on my folded rifle & no ones the wiser. Plenty of rounds & platforms to deliver them, on tap!

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Sub2000 in .40 with the Glock mag handle, to match my 3 Glocks & 10 of the 15 round mags. I IWB my G27, throw my G23 & G22 pistol in a laptop backpack I got, that the restraining system for the laptop perfectly snugs down on my folded rifle & no ones the wiser. Plenty of rounds & platforms to deliver them, on tap!
Your only mistake is the .40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Pulling your leg.

Rock what you like and trust will do the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54,742 Posts
My sub2k can be deployed from the water bladder pack, unfolded/locked ready to rock, charge a round into the chamber [ 31 rd mag sits loaded in the mag well ] in 10-12 seconds. I've run that drill at different times at the house, and even from inside the truck from the location where it's stored.

In certain scenario's I'd prefer to have the subgun for a variety of reasons.
1. more ammo capacity than my pistols on tap before a reload
2. More accurate aimed fire with faster accurate follow up shots
3. higher velocity from the longer barrel gives more tap tap at the receiving end, may reduce number of rds needed per turd
4. as has happened in the past, a civilian has run across some turd handing an leo their arse at the side of the road and stopped and engaged to save the officers life. One account I read was from the opposite direction of travel spanning both sides and a median strip, maybe 45-50 yrds. If I were to run up on that scenario, deploying the subgun would be the better choice
5. when produced, it may be more of an intimidation than a small pistol and thus MAY change someone's mind about engaging to begin with

Just a few ideas behind my setting up the subgun and keeping it handy. As the very old saying goes, a pistol is used to fight to a rifle. There may be a day in the future where that becomes reality. Better to have and not need than need and not have.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
I have decided on a micro UZI.

·
Registered
54,742 Posts
I have decided on a micro UZI.
Worst choice you could make. Full auto micro's are uncontrollable, the semi's are far too short to get a proper grip and they are heavy for their dimensions.

·
Registered
6,148 Posts
Worst choice you could make. Full auto micro's are uncontrollable, the semi's are far too short to get a proper grip and they are heavy for their dimensions.
Thanks,I may actually go with your choice. :D

Reactions: brownie

·
Registered
13,703 Posts
I keep a short barreled Mossberg 590 in my truck for just such incidences.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ruger PC Carbine breaks down super nice. And they shoot great. I saw some people above mentioning the Shockwave. I'm all about it. Out of all those little shorties I've had the chance to shoot, I love the Shockwave the most. Honestly, what sold me on it was the position of the controls. They just fit especially that thumb operated safety on top.

·
Registered
7,869 Posts
I've been carrying my AR with 6 30rnder's in my truck for the last two months and for the next year or so, maybe forever just too much crazyness out there.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
There is always the briefcase gun:

Thank you for sharing. This is the first time I ever actually saw one in use. I read about them 30 years ago in the Richard Marchinko, Rogue Warrior books he wrote (which are awesome BTW. profane, action packed and can’t put them down) He was the creator of Seal Team Six and he mentioned using them in the 80’s for VIP protection work. His had the trigger built into the handle like this one. He also stated that if he ever needed to really use that in a crowd, friendlies were gonna get killed too. But I guess he was more concerned with whomever he had to protect.

That would make a nice Christmas present if anyone wants to buy one for me. :p

21 - 40 of 72 Posts