Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Super Moderator
馃嵖

Registered
Looks like stbob just added another fun gun to my wish list. o_O

Is the Bond Arms roughneck a good gun?

Image result for bond arms roughneck 357/38 review

The Roughneck succeeds and offers good value for the money. The Bond Arms derringer is among a very few of the type worth having. They feature a rebounding hammer, making them drop-safe and safe to carry. They are of good quality, easy enough to use, and offer good utility as a back-up handgun.Apr 5, 2021

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it OK to dry fire a Bond Arms derringer?

It is okay to dry fire the pistol with fired casings in place of live ammo. Snap Caps are not recommended.

Reactions: stbob

Registered
Looks like stbob just added another fun gun to my wish list. o_O

Is the Bond Arms roughneck a good gun?

Image result for bond arms roughneck 357/38 review

The Roughneck succeeds and offers good value for the money. The Bond Arms derringer is among a very few of the type worth having. They feature a rebounding hammer, making them drop-safe and safe to carry. They are of good quality, easy enough to use, and offer good utility as a back-up handgun.Apr 5, 2021

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it OK to dry fire a Bond Arms derringer?

It is okay to dry fire the pistol with fired casings in place of live ammo. Snap Caps are not recommended.
Looks like a gun that you fire once, put it down, and say, "Enough of that s*it."

Registered
Looks like a gun that you fire once, put it down, and say, "Enough of that s*it."
It can hang out on a shelf over my single shot 10 gauge :)

Registered
The only reason I can think of, and I admit it is a bit of a reach..

Snap caps, to make sure they fit in all chambers, are undersized., usually a few thousandths of an inch under SAAMI/CIP minimum case specifications.

I suppose it is possible that a snap cap could somehow get wedged in the barrel, whereas a fired case "should" fit the chamber perfectly.

Registered
I have a Bearman .38 Derringer. Not too bad to shoot. Hits a 6x8 foot backstop from 10 feet away..somewhere on the backstop, anyway

Registered
But AF, all it would take is a ball point pen to pop it out, if it would happen. I use them in all my pistols to train & haven鈥檛 had one lodge ever.
As I said, it is a bit of a reach. 馃槉

It was the only logical explanation I could cone up with.

Registered
I have this one in .45ACP
It鈥檚 not that bad to shoot, but the trigger in 鈥渘ot normal鈥. More of an upward pull, so guys who want more accuracy remove the trigger guard to give room for that type of trigger pull.
Barrels are interchangeable. Can turn this into 9mm, .38, .357, rather cheaply.
But the ones with a little shell ejector in the slide cutout are the best to buy. I didn鈥檛 know that when I captured this boot gun. But it can be upgraded pretty cheap. Hell, I can make the ejector.
I would suspect no dry firing would be rimfire models.
Luggage and bags Bag Sleeve Font Eyewear
Bag Sleeve Grey Collar Font

Reactions: stbob

Registered
Never could understand carrying a gun that has only two shots, a hammer that's from hell to cock one handed and in the case of the Bond Arms derringers, far too heavy for just two shots. 18+ oz's for two shots in a pistol that takes far too long to get operational to ever be considered a SD weapon IMO.

Registered
Never could understand carrying a gun that has only two shots, a hammer that's from hell to cock one handed and in the case of the Bond Arms derringers, far too heavy for just two shots. 18+ oz's for two shots in a pistol that takes far too long to get operational to ever be considered a SD weapon IMO.
It is more of a novelty than anything else, especially with all the newer micro pistols that can hold 10-12 rounds and be boot guns.
Mine has snake shot in it, I walk my Beagles out in the pasture with it. But I have no problem throwing it in a boot as a third BUG. One thing for sure, it always fires

Reactions: brownie

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kudo's to BA for replying to my query...
"If it is for a Bullpup they will jam easily and are very hard to get out. For the Derringer the hammer hits standard primers as a solid hit and goes back to its natural functioning position. However, using a snap cap can cause all sorts of random issues from springs and timing being thrown off as 2 spring mechanisms should not be struck against each other( my best example is jumping on a trampoline with someone else in sync, then the rhythm gets thrown off if your knees lock up and the pattern is now broken). My recommendation is if you want to practice at home, use spent shell casings about 5 strikes per casing before switching them out. That is the best option to not harm your firearm while still getting used to breaking it in. Please let me know if you have further questions."... 馃檮

Registered
That sounds

• Haha
Reactions: CDW4ME

Registered
Kudo's to BA for replying to my query...
"If it is for a Bullpup they will jam easily and are very hard to get out. For the Derringer the hammer hits standard primers as a solid hit and goes back to its natural functioning position. However, using a snap cap can cause all sorts of random issues from springs and timing being thrown off as 2 spring mechanisms should not be struck against each other( my best example is jumping on a trampoline with someone else in sync, then the rhythm gets thrown off if your knees lock up and the pattern is now broken). My recommendation is if you want to practice at home, use spent shell casings about 5 strikes per casing before switching them out. That is the best option to not harm your firearm while still getting used to breaking it in. Please let me know if you have further questions."... 馃檮
It's called a rebounding hammer. Now the big question is, what's their recommended "break in" for a derringer that will be carried for SD

1 - 20 of 20 Posts