Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought you might like to see what is in the works should the Democrats take full control after this election, a law to reauthorize the assault weapons ban.

This Act may be cited as the `Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007.'

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h110-1022

By the way, for those that don't have any firearms that fall into those categories, the law is also going to include a ban on:

(G) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

This is just for starters!

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Vote, vote, vote, vote. Once you lose your liberties you can't get them back.

I posted this before but I'll post it again so as to remind you what can happen if the wrong people govern this country.

·
Registered
11,197 Posts
I say stock up now...even if BHO doesn't pass any new anti-gun legislation, prices on EBR's, magazines and ammo will start to go up if and when he's elected.

·
Registered
34 Posts
From our Hands

What do you really think the American people would do (IF) it were in the process of trying to take the right away ?

I know what I myself would do, but would the majority (COW DOWN), and let it happen ?

Would people be willing to die for their right ?

I really hope we still have enough people in this country with backbone enough to carry our freedom right here at home.

·
Registered
11,197 Posts
I'd like to think that at least some gun owners would band together and fight. I figure we outnumber LEOs by at least 80:1 nationwide; if only 1% of gun owners fought back, you'd have Waco-type seiges all over the country. I think it would not only overwhelm law enforcement resources, but it would result in a lot of flag-draped coffins. I'd imagine that it would only be a matter of time before the public demanded that such a war on American citizens be ended.

·
Registered
55,472 Posts
What do you really think the American people would do (IF) it were in the process of trying to take the right away ?

The "right" to what? Own/possess? Buy them in the future?

We already know what the American people will do if certain arms are restricted/banned. That's happened before in the not too distant past. We did nothing, nor could we do anything, it was enforced at the distributor/dealer level where further access/buying from dealers on the retail level was not allowed to the citizens.

Right to own? Hmm-- local and state govt's have passed those in the past. Many people complied and surrendered their restricted firearms in accordance with the local/state laws passed.

California and big cities like LA, etc have passed those laws and they are already in effect. In the case of LA, I read somewhere that only 2-3% of the people who possessed them turned them in, the rest ignored the law. Enforcement of the law has been impossible for those who ignored it so far as there aren't enough enforcement agents to "collect" them due to the sheer numbers.

Nationwide ban on possession of certain firearms? How would they enforce this if a city can't? Certainly not through local/state/federal LE agencies, they don't have the manpower to enforce and collect them like LA.

You might not turn them in, but you won't be able to use them anywhere for fear some agency discovers same and places you under arrest, or someone turns you in to them when they see use of them somewhere. If you can't use them/practice with them for fear of being in violation and being arrested, you own them and can't enjoy/practice with them.

That's all worst case scenario, and I don't see any enforcement of door to door confiscation any time soon in that scenario. The powers that be aren't that ignorant of the cause and effect it may have in the general population and the resultant problems they'll not be able to control and the mess they'll be dealing with if they try.

The American people are probably not going to see physical confiscation of banned firearms from ownership for decades, if ever. We are not a people like those on other continents. They've never had that many people or firearms to deal with, it's a slow process even at that to get the firearms out of peoples hands in those small countries.

Brownie

·
Registered
252 Posts
The confiscation will start with the appointment (likely by Pres. Obama) of a few liberal Supreme Court justices who will redefine what the Second Amendment means. The Heller case interpreted gun ownership as an individual right. Two liberal justices (maybe only one) would be enough to define is as the right of the states to maintain well-regulated militias.

After that, cities, states and the federal government itself could make us outlaws with the stroke of a pen. Surrender our guns, or become outlaws.

That didn't work out so well historically. Just take a look back through the decades at the confiscation of weapons. (Go back to Rome or the 16th/17th century Japan, when swords were confiscated from the peasant class. Look at Hitler and 1930s Germany.)

Bad things happen to a disarmed citizenry. If you need further proof, just look to California and DC.

- Str8Shooter

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
After that, cities, states and the federal government itself could make us outlaws with the stroke of a pen. Surrender our guns, or become outlaws.
- Str8Shooter
Greetings fellow future outlaws!​

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
I'm not too worried about the Supreme Court. It is already too liberal and if O gets a chance to replace someone it will most likely be replacing one liberal with another liberal.

The demoncrats (yes I spelled it that way on purpose) have control and I don't think they want to loose it. Gun control is a hot potato and if they start pushing things too much they will get thrown out big time in the next election. I think they will push their other agendas first and we won't see much other than assault weapon stuff for a while.

But. I've been wrong in the past so who really knows.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts