Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you and your family are at church or synagogue when the main back door
is opened by several thugs with weapons who without warning start shooting. Assume the sanctuary is filled and once the shooting starts panic ensues and people start running in all directions.
you are armed but don‘t have a clear shot at the bad guys. What would you do in that scenario?

This has worried me now for some time.

·
Super Moderator
6,057 Posts
I sit by the main door. Angled so I can see people headed for the door. So the second I see a gun headed for the door, I would flip the lock, tell everyone to get down, move behind the concrete wall nearby and prepare to repel borders.

I didn’t catch them in enough time to lock the door, I would attempt to grab the lead barrel and push it up toward the ceiling while drawing my gun and pushing them out the door if I can.

The two other people who carry at church will hopefully be moving toward me to support me by this time.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Situational awareness and very quick reaction is the best protection. There is usually a lull of about four or five seconds when people will just basically sit there in shock. If you can’t react in that time, you might have to just hit the deck.

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
you and your family are at church or synagogue when the main back door
is opened by several thugs with weapons who without warning start shooting. Assume the sanctuary is filled and once the shooting starts panic ensues and people start running in all directions.
you are armed but don‘t have a clear shot at the bad guys. What would you do in that scenario?

This has worried me now for some time.
This question has more import than ever.
The White Supremicists/Proud Boys may be be mainly anti-black but they always have enough hate left over for we Jews.
Nevertheless,I wish Covid would end so I could attend in person,not by streaming.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suppose one thing to do is to form a “security” group consisting of experienced congregants who would agree to serve as internal security and who would stay alert for anything unusual.

Reactions: Marilyn

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
That’s a great idea. If you look at that video of the shooting in the church not too long back, you’ll see that keeping an eye out made all the difference in the world.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
The White Supremicists/Proud Boys may be be mainly anti-black but they always have enough hate left over for we Jews.
Nevertheless,I wish Covid would end so I could attend in person,not by streaming.
The proud boys are not white supremicists, they number many blacks and hispanics among their members. They are not specifically anti-semitic, although their founder and leader Gavin McInnes has made explicitly anti-semitic remarks and at least one antisemitic video.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I suppose one thing to do is to form a “security” group consisting of experienced congregants who would agree to serve as internal security and who would stay alert for anything unusual.
We did that at the last church I attended. We had a small congregation, so there were only three of us involved, myself the pastor and another congregant.. We all had concealed carry permits and were carrying during the service. There were four entrances to the auditorium, two in the rear on each side of the sound booth and two flanking the raised speakers’ platform in the front. Two of us sat, one on each side, at the very back of the church. The pastor was at the lectern at the front on the speakers’ platform.The two of us in the rear each had clear lanes to the door on our side in the rear and to the front door on our side of the speakers’ platform. The pastor had clear lanes to the doors flanking the speakers’ platform. Because he was on a raised platform, he could shoot at someone coming in a rear door, although we felt that should only be a last resort as he would be shooting over the heads of the congregation. Thankfully, we never had to test our preparations for real.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Super Moderator
27,506 Posts
^^^^
Did you have a point to make, LProf or was the point just to add to the thread by reposting someone else's? :unsure:

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Sorry, I got a little distracted by Mister Fish,
Back to the subject,
In a surprise situation that is instant there is not much you can do without a plan of action already in your brain.
Anyplace you go weather it be church or restaurant etc.
Always look around when entering and think of what you will do --IF ---
It is not being paranoid but just being careful and smart.
Ronnie

·
Super Moderator
6,057 Posts
No personal attacks. Stay on topic.

Reactions: Shark1007

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^^^
Did you have a point to make, LProf or was the point just to add to the thread by reposting someone else's? :unsure:
[/QUOTE
I don’t understand your question. I posted a scenario in the appropriate form and then engaged in a discussion about the scenario. I did not repost someone else’s post. Please explain further. Thank you.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Your post #9 has no input from you, just the re-quote from Fish.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Your post #9 has no input from you, just the re-quote from Fish.
Sorry about that. It was unintentional on my part. I just came back after a lengthy hiatus and am out of practice using the forum.

Reactions: joecarry

·
Registered
388 Posts
We essentially follow the model from post #8. Additionally, we electronically monitor the exterior approaches from the sound booth to hopefully gain a few seconds heads up if the shtf. The sound booth is prepared to respond with a few musical notes of its own (all are staccato and sound very much like .556, 9mm, and .40 rounds).

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
The proud boys are not white supremicists, they number many blacks and hispanics among their members. They are not specifically anti-semitic, although their founder and leader Gavin McInnes has made explicitly anti-semitic remarks and at least one antisemitic video.
That is enough for ANY Jew.
There ARE some black people and hispanics who are anti-semitic.
I am not sure of your facts re blacks and hispanics being members.
BTW did you mean hispanics or latinos?????

·
Super Moderator
6,057 Posts
That is enough for ANY Jew.
There ARE some black people and hispanics who are anti-semitic.
I am not sure of your facts re blacks and hispanics being members.
BTW did you mean hispanics or latinos?????
This is not a thread in the Boiler Room. Stay on topic. If you want to discuss the Proud Boys, creat a thread in the Boiler Room.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts