Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
N.B.C. news already blaming the Police.
Next we will have to hear all about how the thieves were just doing a little Christmas shopping and got shot at with a GUN by the evil store owner.
I sure do feel bad for the Family of the UPS driver and my heart is bleeding for them. I have great joy for the thieves that will not be a problem for anyone anymore.
Ronnie

·
Registered
13,028 Posts
Honestly, this was a complete clusterf***, tactics wise. Inter-jurisdiction, uncoordinated free for all. Should have had a good SOP in place.:aarg

·
Super Moderator
27,076 Posts
Waiting for all the facts to emerge regarding the LEO/LEA(s) response, but it sure doesn't appear to be very good initial reports for the "good" guys.
:couchpopcorn

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
My condolences go out to the families of the UPS Driver & the bystander. I will reserve any premature blame until all the facts are out. IMO there are two absolutes at this time; The armed assailants had to be stopped at all cost and there was a huge Cluster-F**K in doing so.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Can't wait to hear how many cops were on that scene! Seemed like there were plenty of other times they could have stopped/pitted that truck in the 30 odd miles they went before waiting till they got trapped in traffic! Cluster*#%^ seems to be an understatement!

·
Registered
16,519 Posts
19 officers fired their guns. An acquaintance on another forum posted this clip onto his personal YouTube page.
You can see them using an innocent bystanders vehicle as cover. You can also see all the rounds they fired at and into the UPS truck.
Toward the end you see the UPS driver fall out of the truck. The police are the ones who killed him and the other person.

https://youtu.be/iOmjzjEs5DM

The 19 officers who fired their weapons have been placed on administrative leave until the investigation is complete.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I do not know why in a thing like this, One Police officer can get ahead of the criminal vehicle with an AR and dot the thieves eye from an overpass.
No overpass, Ground will do just fine.
I know some of you do not agree about this but I still feel a person running from the Police are to be shot with NO EXCEPTIONS.
Innocent citizens do "NOT" run from the Police.
Ronnie

·
Registered
11,210 Posts
What astonishes me (in every case like this) is that the bystanders.... bySTAND, instead of GTFO of there. Just stunning to me that our culture has had their basic instincts of self-preservation politically-corrected out of them.

Me? If I can't drive out of there, which is unlikely... I'd find a way... But, if I can't, I'm bailing out and running away. I've drilled this into my family (wife and kids). If you hear or see gunshots... GTFO! Run until you either can't physically run anymore or hit the state line, whichever comes first.

But, look at all the cars that had escape routes that DIDN'T move. Many of them could have jumped the median and gotten some distance from the shooting. But, they didn't. They had room to hit "reverse" and gun it. But, they didn't. They stopped, instead. Holy moly.

·
Super Moderator
27,076 Posts
What astonishes me (in every case like this) is that the bystanders.... bySTAND, instead of GTFO of there. Just stunning to me that our culture has had their basic instincts of self-preservation politically-corrected out of them.

Me? If I can't drive out of there, which is unlikely... I'd find a way... But, if I can't, I'm bailing out and running away. I've drilled this into my family (wife and kids). If you hear or see gunshots... GTFO! Run until you either can't physically run anymore or hit the state line, whichever comes first.

But, look at all the cars that had escape routes that DIDN'T move. Many of them could have jumped the median and gotten some distance from the shooting. But, they didn't. They had room to hit "reverse" and gun it. But, they didn't. They stopped, instead. Holy moly.
This, most defitely!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts

^^ No doubt! Another thing that gets me, particularly with the big brown box this poor dude was driving, if I’m driving that thing with those two Schitt bags being desperate as they were ....... I’m air mailin your a$$ right through the front of that truck as soon as i get going over 60!! To me, I would of felt threatened enough to take my chances stuffin that beotch into a concrete overpass, doin 80 & see what happens, before I get boxed into a location as he did. I have always thought that way about someone high jacking me ....... you ain’t gonna like the ride ya get with me, somebody’s not gonna make it!

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
I wonder what would have happened if the driver of the SUV that LE took cover behind floored it the hell out of there. I know what cover is for. If you're taking cover behind MY vehicle, that I'm IN, I'm not so sure how I'd feel about staying put..

Perhaps others can enlighten me as to what I'm missing. :dunno

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,210 Posts
^^ No doubt! Another thing that gets me, particularly with the big brown box this poor dude was driving, if I’m driving that thing with those two Schitt bags being desperate as they were ....... I’m air mailin your a$$ right through the front of that truck as soon as i get going over 60!! To me, I would of felt threatened enough to take my chances stuffin that beotch into a concrete overpass, doin 80 & see what happens, before I get boxed into a location as he did. I have always thought that way about someone high jacking me ....... you ain’t gonna like the ride ya get with me, somebody’s not gonna make it!
I hear ya, and it would make a great movie scene. But, if I'm going to be serious about analyzing and offering "advice," it would be the same as I've offered before. You NEVER EVER cooperate in your own kidnapping. If someone tries to force YOU to drive them somewhere, you simply refuse. You RUN. Let them shoot at you then and there. But, DO NOT take them for a ride or go with them for a ride. Never, ever. You stand and fight (or run) RIGHT THERE. If it's ME, it ends HERE, not somewhere else. I have a better chance HERE. I don't know where "there" is, but I know that the victim virtually NEVER SURVIVES "there."

·
Registered
11,210 Posts
I wonder what would have happened if the driver of the SUV that LE took cover behind floored it the hell out of there. I know what cover is for. If you're taking cover behind MY vehicle, that I'm IN, I'm not so sure how I'd feel about staying put..

Perhaps others can enlighten me as to what I'm missing. :dunno

-on Tapatalk
That's exactly what I would have done. Buh-bye! That's the point of my previous comment. I know exactly how I'd feel about being "cannon fodder," and I would have been GONE!

·
Registered
2,276 Posts

Not only self-preservation politically-corrected right out of them, but the indoctrination that they MUST stream it live on Twitter and FaceBook!!

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
This looks to me as a bad choice LE made to engage in the middle of surrounding traffic......i think there will be lots of blowback despite the fact nobody bailed out of their vehicles to take cover elsewhere which doesnt surprise me.......its the “unaware” mentality of people who dont think like us active shooters.........

·
Registered
11,210 Posts
Not only self-preservation politically-corrected right out of them, but the indoctrination that they MUST stream it live on Twitter and FaceBook!!
Bingo! Mentioned that to my wife yesterday. Bunch of idiots HAVE to video everything, including the freight train bearing down on them! Not me... I'm GTFO, baby! And, ANYONE in my way (including a cop) is going to be flattened, if they don't move. NO WAY, I'm going to allow the LEOs to use my car as cover with me in it! That's some crazy $hit!

·
Registered
10,997 Posts
I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't read it.

Naomi Hill, the aunt of both suspects, said Alexander was "a good boy -- he had changed his life around."
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Changed around to a short life of crime.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts