Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Force On Force weekend April 9th and 10th w/SwampRat & Standby!

Force on Force / Combined Combative Training
This class will teach you how to fight and how to survive a REAL fight for your life.……….

We will address defending yourself while keeping your firearm safe during a physical assault, through transitioning to the use of justified deadly force. This course is designed to teach our students close encounter, practical gun fighting skills and real-time deadly force decision making. This is a progressive building block class that will allow you to combine skills learned during each session into scenario based exercises, using gas or electric Airsoft Weapons.

Okeechobee Shooting Sports to host the class. Here we can create our own “house”, plus work with live fire weapons, plus use real vehicles, plus have food, bathrooms and store facilities if needed.
http://www.okshooting.com/Okeechobee...irections.html

Date:Saturday April 9th and Sunday 10th

Schedule:
Saturday 9am – 1pm
FOF (airsoft) This time unit will be spent in preparing you to protect yourself and your weapon during a physical assault. How to carry, draw, defend whilst drawing. How to physically defend yourself against a close encounter / physical assault while in possession of a firearm. Dealing with single and multiple attackers. How to move around buildings, vehicles, people etc whilst using a firearm.

Saturday 1pm – 1.30pm
Lunch

Saturday 1.30pm – 5pm
FOF (Airsoft) This Time unit will be spent on teaching advanced fighting pistol skills, that are required in REALISTIC fighting environments. Such as engaging a threat at contact range, close quarter engagement, Movement while fighting, Communication both with threats and with allies, Aggressing and Retreating from a fight (why when, how) .

Saturday 5pm – 9pm
FOF (airsoft) This time unit will be spent on learning basic low light / no light pistol fighting skills. Locate, target, engage target, move in dark. Flashlight techniques, etc.

Saturday 9pm – 11pm
Dinner / drinks (for those willing)

Sunday 9am – 1pm / 2pm noon
FOF (airsoft) This time unit will be spent in Practical Shooting Drills, Force-On-Force Training and Scenarios. Students will be forced to make fighting decisions against single and multiple threats in dynamic environments. Drills will be conducted indoors, outdoors and using vehicles. This is where we take ALL the skills and drills taught on the fist day and night and put them to practical use. No “time outs”, no “lets start again”, no “do over’s”. Instructors and Students will face off in a series of realistic deadly force scenarios…….How will you fair?

Why FOF Training?Gives the participant the opportunity to test & evaluate principles/tactics, equipment, physical skills and mental conditioning in a realistic & safe training environment.

Well developed "Force-on-Force" training creates a reasonable facsimile of combat. Reactions are tested, stress is produced; specifically stress induced by either pain or the fear of pain. Constant activation of the "Sympathetic Nervous System" through pain or the fear of pain is the key to developing the orientation or "inoculation" to overreaction and improper decision making from a similar type of stimulus.

This training gives the participants the opportunity to take initiative and the responsibility for their actions and what occurs, allows for the analyzing, and questioning of the experience, all while grappling with the dilemmas and contradictions of their actions in a continuing process of evaluating the experience.

Topics that will be covered include:Mental Preparation & Awareness, The Selection of Carry Gear, Methods of Carry, Security & Concealment, Personal Self Defense That Protects You and Your Weapon, Transitioning to Deadly Force, Drawing and Shooting from a Concealed Carry Position, Target Focus Shooting, Shooting While Moving, Utilization of Cover, Decision Making and more!

Equipment Needed:Personal Airsoft gas or eletric pistol, holster and at least 500 BB's, preferably a replica of your Carry Weapon.
Spare gas or batteries or charger for your airsoft gun.
Heavy long sleeve shirt and pair of gloves
Airsoft mask / goggles and Shooting glasses
Ear protection
Change of Clothes (you will get dirty)
Knee pads.

Please dress in comfortable street clothes and shoes for each of the classes. Please dress in the type of attire that you would normally wear while carrying your weapon. (no v necks, no open top shoes)

Food:Please bring all food / snacks you will want to eat during training along with your own cooler and fluids. You WILL need to stay hydrated!. We will not be stopping (other than short breaks or as indicated above) or leaving the location for the duration of the class.

Hotel:
The Instructors will be staying at the Hampton Inn Okeechobee. It is 4 miles down the road from the range. If you quote the Okeechobee shooting sports center when booking you will get a preferential rate. The hotel is a years old, VERY nice, with all the amenities you could want, plus a great breakfast is included in the price.
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/h...tyhocn=OBEFLHX

Class Cost:

JUST: $250 Per Person for forum members.
We both accept credit cards. Call or go to our websites to arrange or make your payments. Payment in full must be made prior to class. We are going to require pre-payment with no refunds without at least 48 hours notice…if something comes up last minute like a family emergency, we will credit your payment to a future class.

We have priced this 2 day and one night class VERY inexpensively for the forum. A class of this type over 2 days and with instructors of this caliber would easily cost $400 - $800

William Farrugia
Lead Instructor
The Executive Solution, Training Division
www.floridafirearmstraining.com
[email protected]
954-298-9103

Terry Hall Sr.
T.H.E. Firearms Training
www.terryhallenterprises.com
[email protected]
386-479-2587 mobile
386-490-9416 office

·
Registered
97 Posts
So here we have 2 of the finest weapons trainers in Florida - if you don't believe me ask the folks at Homeland Security, Will and Terry were selected to train I.C.E. teams - offering to teach us in a Force on Force format over 2 days for a measly $250. and there are only 2 of us on board so far! How can this be possible folks? Are any of you ready to draw on a BG in a real life/death scenario and come out alive? If the answer is yes then come out and prove it to yourself. If the answer is no then you MUST come out and train.

WTF is the point of carrying a weapon if you're going to react like Barney Fife come crunch time???

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have to agree this is a hell of a deal. I looked in to flying down from St. Louis for it, but I just couldn't fit it into my schedule. Hopefully I'll catch the next one!

·
Registered
10 Posts
May I suggest that the title of this thread be changed to show the class date.

There's a possibility that people are confusing this with the canceled class.

·
Registered
97 Posts
In order to avoid any confusion, the dates for the Force on Force 2 day training with Will and Terry is April 9th & 10th at Okeechobee Shooting Sports. Please see Standby's post for details...

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Come on people.....give us some feedback here........why would you NOT attend, what is holding everyone back from signing up for this event?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Come on people.....give us some feedback here........why would you NOT attend, what is holding everyone back from signing up for this event?
I'm very curious as well, Standby. This is as real life as it gets with two highly repected trainers...this should have sold out on initial announcement.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Perhaps some people have second thoughts about having to go out and buy airsoft guns. Maybe if you guys offered loaner ones for a small fee or somehow incorporated it to the cost of the class, then that would alleviate that angle.

I really don't see why anyone would not what to undergo this kind of training. "The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" Richard Marcinko

·
Registered
497 Posts
I just talked to my boss today and I have Saturday the ninth off . So I am IN!! Looking forward to training with you again will and to meet Swamp rat . I can only afford to take two or three classes a year and I think this is going to be a great one.:dancingbanana

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just talked to my boss today and I have Saturday the ninth off . So I am IN!! Looking forward to training with you again will and to meet Swamp rat . I can only afford to take two or three classes a year and I think this is good to be a great one.:dancingbanana
Looking forward to training with you again!

·
Registered
379 Posts
On the average I take 3 to 4 classes per year. I am interested in the FOF class.
My restrction is the timing as related to my work schedule. Taking aclass on 3 out of 4 weekends per month would require losing 2 days of work (nights, 12 hour shifts).
The other is locaction. Classes for me need to be in north FL, or North Central FL. I live in Ocala. and the classes I attend range from Lakeland to J-ville. ( I am taking a class this weekend with Terry in Deland).
I am keeping an eye on this one, and when my schedule allows I will jump. So, for me, my limitations are in location and timing. I do hope to meet you one day and get the opportunity to learn from you.
Thanks for giving me and others the opportunity .

·
Registered
97 Posts
Perhaps some people have second thoughts about having to go out and buy airsoft guns. Maybe if you guys offered loaner ones for a small fee or somehow incorporated it to the cost of the class, then that would alleviate that angle.

I really don't see why anyone would not what to undergo this kind of training. "The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" Richard Marcinko
You make a good point - I had second thoughts about investing in Airsoft as well just for this class. I spent $110. on a replica full metal gas blowback Beretta 92FS. With different ammos, mask, gas, etc I 'm all in at under $200. Because this gun is so realistic - weighs just 6 ozs less than my 9mm - I find myself using it every chance I get out in the yard working on target aquisition and shooting on the move. I know that with this gun I'll practice way more than I ever would if I only had ranges to rely on so I look at the investment in Airsoft as an investment in education and training.

·
Super Moderator
690 Posts
Save me a spot, Will..I sent you a PM..Thanks! ~Annie

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Guys and Girls.

Those of you that are saying that you need to buy one to attend are looking at it wrong.

IMHO regardless to whether or not you are taking this class, you should have an airsoft training gun! In fact, WHY don’t you have one??? Fact is you can not train FOF with firearms (well you could but you would run out partners REAL fast)......you HAVE to have a training tool, airsoft, paintball, sims........etc

How are you going to train ongoing if you do not have an FOF tool?. Terry and I thought this class would give many of you all the opportunity to use the airsoft guns you already HAVE, those that did not would buy one based on the cost savings. You can buy the airsoft and take the class….and still spend less than taking a 2 day class with your 9mm”)

Terry, Brownie and I give live fire classes all the time (check our schedules) many of you have attended these in the past and I am sure will in the future. But when was the last time you were given the opportunity of doing 2 days and 1 nights worth of REAL FOF training with multiple subject matter expert instructors? And for $250?

Want to make it cheaper, rope a friend in and cut the travel and hotel cost in half…….

·
Registered
7,941 Posts
Will, I cannot attend any classes until Fall due to contracts I am under. However, my EDC is a G17. I do not know much about airsoft guns. Can you or someone here please tell me of an airsoft that is comparable to my G17, and maybe where is a fair priced place to buy it. Also, I would like to know about the other equipment pertaining to airsoft...masks, gloves, anything else necessary for classes so I can prepare in advance for future classes. Thanks.

Maybe the Mods can create an Airsoft arena so we all can learn about it and be prepared ahead of time.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts