Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts
Regardless, I have made contact via email, with Florida Carry as well as a couple attorneys in the Jacksonville area. I hate that I received the letter on a Saturday and have to wait the remainder of the weekend (which no seems like an eternity) to even talk to some one.
Not too long ago I received a particularly egregious smack down letter from the Department of Agriculture, Division of Licensing. Similar to your situation it was just after close of business on a Friday when I went to my post office box and discovered the letter. So I had to sit and stew and get more and more pissed off all damn weekend before I could call FIRST THING on Monday to raise hell. I say "raise hell", but actually my version of raising hell is very polite and diplomatic yet difficult to argue with. By the end of the day on Monday I had prevailed and gotten what I wanted, but as I understand it they had to go all the way to the director of the Division of Licensing to get the approval to give it to me.

Said more concisely, "I feel your pain".

Assuming everything you have posted here is correct, in the end I believe you will prevail. You will just have to jump through some hoops first. Best of luck and keep us posted.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Not too long ago I received a particularly egregious smack down letter from the Department of Agriculture, Division of Licensing. Similar to your situation it was just after close of business on a Friday when I went to my post office box and discovered the letter. So I had to sit and stew and get more and more pissed off all damn weekend before I could call FIRST THING on Monday to raise hell. I say "raise hell", but actually my version of raising hell is very polite and diplomatic yet difficult to argue with. By the end of the day on Monday I had prevailed and gotten what I wanted, but as I understand it they had to go all the way to the director of the Division of Licensing to get the approval to give it to me.

Said more concisely, "I feel your pain".

Assuming everything you have posted here is correct, in the end I believe you will prevail. You will just have to jump through some hoops first. Best of luck and keep us posted.
I sincerely thank you and every other member who have allowed me to vent and offered words of advice and encouragement. It means a lot. I will keep you posted. Hopefully, I can get somewhere with Maryland’s court system and get this straightened out.

Don't think that this doesn't happen all the time. I had a friend who I had convinced to get his CWFL he had a job delivering frozen pizzas in a semi ,he sent in all of his paperwork and started the dreaded wait. Then he stopped by with a letter and a 12 pack of bud I new it was serious because he was a cheap MF'er. It turns out he withheld the little fact that at age 21 he was busted with 2 Lb's of weed on his table 30 years ago. Long story short it was his first offence adjudication with held. It cost 5$ for a copy of final disposion and 12$ to overnight it to him so he could get it to them before the 90 days was up, 5 days to go. HE made it and was issued his license. Good luck!

Discussion starter · #24 ·
An update to my situation. After several attempts to obtain final disposition on the case that is causing the suspension of my application, I have learned that the record of my case no longer exists in any court system in Maryland. I called the Dept. of Ag. to ask what I can do to possibly resolve this if the record no longer exists. They said, almost nonchalantly, just have the court send you a clerk certified letter stating the record no longer exists and that should be fine. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! When I attended my informal hearing and told the woman that I was unable to obtain a record and that the courts told me it no longer existed, she never said that all I needed to do was get a letter stating that. Why can't these bureaucrats ever offer assistance in situations like this. We as the public don't know all the procedures and policies. It's almost like some of them want to make it as difficult as possible for us.

Anyway, I have drafted a letter to the court in Maryland asking for the clerk certified letter and hope to receive that soon so I can get it to Tallahassee ASAP.
I will post updates as they occur. Again, Thank you all for your words of advice and support. Brian

An update to my situation. After several attempts to obtain final disposition on the case that is causing the suspension of my application, I have learned that the record of my case no longer exists in any court system in Maryland. I called the Dept. of Ag. to ask what I can do to possibly resolve this if the record no longer exists. They said, almost nonchalantly, just have the court send you a clerk certified letter stating the record no longer exists and that should be fine. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! When I attended my informal hearing and told the woman that I was unable to obtain a record and that the courts told me it no longer existed, she never said that all I needed to do was get a letter stating that. Why can't these bureaucrats ever offer assistance in situations like this. We as the public don't know all the procedures and policies. It's almost like some of them want to make it as difficult as possible for us.

Anyway, I have drafted a letter to the court in Maryland asking for the clerk certified letter and hope to receive that soon so I can get it to Tallahassee ASAP.
I will post updates as they occur. Again, Thank you all for your words of advice and support. Brian
This is why you were advised to reach out to a qualified lawyer... The lawyers we work with deal with this kind of stuff all the time.

I did reach out to several lawyers as well as Florida Carry with no response from any.
If you look at his signature, you'll see that StogieC IS affiliated with Florida Carry!

Discussion starter · #30 ·
We have seen an increase in requests for help lately. Please email me directly so I can find out why nobody got back to you. "sean" at the FloridaCarry.org (spambots suck).
I'm not upset by the fact that I haven't heard back from any one and didn't mean for it to sound like that. I completely understand that I'm not the only one needing help. Hell, it was just a couple days ago that I reached out and I'm not even a member of Florida Carry yet (I will join soon). I only found this group and forums by searching for some possible answers to my situation. I probably wouldn't be able to comfortably afford to hire a lawyer right now if I needed to but I'm confident at this point that a lawyer should not be necessary if all I need to provide them with is this letter from the courts stating the record no longer exists.

Late

I'm not upset by the fact that I haven't heard back from any one and didn't mean for it to sound like that. I completely understand that I'm not the only one needing help. Hell, it was just a couple days ago that I reached out and I'm not even a member of Florida Carry yet (I will join soon). I only found this group and forums by searching for some possible answers to my situation. I probably wouldn't be able to comfortably afford to hire a lawyer right now if I needed to but I'm confident at this point that a lawyer should not be necessary if all I need to provide them with is this letter from the courts stating the record no longer exists.
Sorry I'm late to the party. But if the court is supplying you with a letter that whatever no longer exists, what is the issue. If this was a felony you have a problem! Otherwise, request a hearing from the clerk of the court a judge should be able to answer your inquiry. Mind you I don't have details of your situation, but a judge should be able to intercede, if in fact you have this letter!

Maryland!!! You need an attorney as others have advised. Maryland is as bad as NY, NJ, or Commifornia when it comes to 2A rights. An attorney would be able to bring this to the hearing officers attention.

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Just a quick update to my situation with the application suspension. I have received a letter or more appropriately, a status report, from the Maryland court stating that there is no record of the case in question. Today, I faxed it to the Tallahassee office with the suspension letter, as directed by the rep. I spoke with on the phone. I will also mail it registered with return receipt. Hopefully, this will straighten things out and I will receive my permit in a timely manner. I'm not holding my breath.
On another note, I have also been in contact with Eric Friday and he has shown interest in my situation and is working on some interesting things in order to reign in this horribly bureaucratic Department. Will update as things happen.

Just a quick update to my situation with the application suspension. I have received a letter or more appropriately, a status report, from the Maryland court stating that there is no record of the case in question. Today, I faxed it to the Tallahassee office with the suspension letter, as directed by the rep. I spoke with on the phone. I will also mail it registered with return receipt. Hopefully, this will straighten things out and I will receive my permit in a timely manner. I'm not holding my breath.
On another note, I have also been in contact with Eric Friday and he has shown interest in my situation and is working on some interesting things in order to reign in this horribly bureaucratic Department. Will update as things happen.
Thanks for the status update. Best of luck with this. I feel confident you will ultimately prevail. Once this is all worked out hopefully the matter will be conclusively laid to rest and won't trouble you again.

Great that Eric Friday is on the case and please do come back here and keep us informed of the progress of your situation until resolved. :popcorn

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Great that Eric Friday is on the case and please do come back here and keep us informed of the progress of your situation until resolved. :popcorn
Just a quick update. According to my online status check, my license was issued yesterday (6/17). It's been a long, frustrating road for me with calls every week to Tallahassee producing nothing but the same robotic response "your case is awaiting review".
Well, patience is a virtue they say. Thank you all for your words of encouragement and advice.
:dancingbanana

Just a quick update. According to my online status check, my license was issued yesterday (6/17). It's been a long, frustrating road for me with calls every week to Tallahassee producing nothing but the same robotic response "your case is awaiting review".
Well, patience is a virtue they say. Thank you all for your words of encouragement and advice.
Congrats.

Yep. Lawyer up. With the right lawyer.

:dancingbanana
Congratulations and carry on! :grin

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.