Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to hear from someone who has had application problems about when/how they were notified about the delay in issuing your license. Was it prompt/timely after they decided there was a problem? Did they send you a letter about the problem? Did you have to call in order to find out there was a problem?

I've restrained myself from calling under the theory that every minute someone spends answering calls (probably providing me with inaccurate information anyway) is one minute less they spend processing.

If anyone who has had delays or complications with your application wouldn't mind commenting, perhaps it might help alleviate some anxiety among people who are still waiting.

- Str8Shooter (who's NOT going to call and ask until mid-January)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I called one day and fortunately had a helpful person answer the phone. She told me my finger print card had been rejected (they couldn't read the prints) and that I would be getting a letter telling me what to do. She then decided to short cut the process and sent me a finger print card and told me what to put in a memo back to them after getting finger printed again. This saved me about 2 weeks, since it was about that long after the call before the official letter showed up. Took about 6 weeks after I sent the second fingerprint card to get my license.

If they have any problems you'll be notified by mail.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, SigNu. I went into this expecting it to be late December (at the earliest) before I heard anything. So I won't start to worry until January 20th. :)

(In addition to the "event" in DC, that's also around the 90 day mark from the date I mailed it.)

- Str8Shooter

·
Registered
62 Posts
Here's the time line for mine if it helps.

Aug 18 - mailed paperwork
Aug 27 - check cashed
Oct 29 - finger print card rejection
Nov 3 - sent new finger print card (overnight service)
Nov 20 - told they were opening Aug mail and it would 45 - 60 days.
Dec 9 - Issued
Dec 12 - Arrived

·
Registered
50 Posts
Im in the same boat as you Str8Shooter.. I mailed my "kit" in on Nov. 10th and was going by a note in one of the CCW packs that said if you get you prints done electronically that it could greatly reduce your app. time.. (I thought I saw 30 days somewhere?) So I was "hoping" for around 30 days, until I started looking on the net for FL CCW wait times.. I now see it's taking around 80-90 days even WITH electronic fingerprints.. So Im back to not expecting anything for another month at least.. Before I was waiting on the mailman every day, and being dissapointed.. I might call at the 45 day mark, just to see if they have my info yet, but not gonna expect anything till Feb.. Unfortunately..

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
SigNu:
Thanks for the timeline. I'm hoping that will help put peoples' minds at ease about the seemingly long wait.

Mickstix:
The fastest recent turnarounds I've seen since I started watching (Sept/Oct) was about 60 days from the date of mailing. I haven't done the math, but it looks like it's usually closer to 60 days from the date the check clears the bank if there are no problems with the prints or application. (It looks like the average is just under three weeks from date of mailing for check to clear the bank.)

I've just passed the 60 days from mailing (mailed Oct 21) and won't hit the 60 days from check cashing until mid-January. So I'm just sitting tight and hoping I don't get a request for new prints or anything like that. I've made myself promise not to call until January 20th. We'll see how well I do. I'll let everyone know the day the card arrives. (If you live on the east side of Orlando, anywhere really in east Orange County, you'll probably hear my screams of delight when it arrives.)

- Str8Shooter

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
We'll see how well I do. I'll let everyone know the day the card arrives. (If you live on the east side of Orlando, anywhere really in east Orange County, you'll probably hear my screams of delight when it arrives.)
- Str8Shooter
No celebratory gunfire in the air?

Just kidding :D

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Hi, I am send in my CCW paperwork 120 Days ago and it is still processing !!! :ak
Have you called DOA yet? If so what did they say and was your check cashed?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would definitely call them about that -- a 120 day wait suggests that something wasn't right with your application, or that something may have gotten lost in the mail.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts