Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, the application went into the mail today so the countdown begins.

I used my DD-214 and I did the electronic fingerprints (included the copy they gave me and the payment receipt for $37). :dancingbanana:dancingbanana:dancingbanana

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
The easy part in over,Now comesthe hard part the waiting you may feel like it is an eternity but don't worry we will be here when you get frustrated and impatient and wondering if it got processed or stalking the mailman just remember to start counting when your check gets cashed thats a good sign the ball is rolling.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
All we can do is wait. I applied 12/13 and the check hasn't cleared. I will be happy once it finally does

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Good luck to you guys. While you wait, make sure you carry around home so when the time comes, you will be used to wearing it around.

·
Super Moderator
10,783 Posts
Good luck to you guys. While you wait, make sure you carry around home so when the time comes, you will be used to wearing it around.
Agreed. I didn't- only got the CCW for Christmas, and looking for a suitable holster now :rolleyes:, so I'm easing into regular carry.

As for the wait, I doubt that it will be quite as bad as April. 77 days for me- mailbox to mailbox.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Agreed. I didn't- only got the CCW for Christmas, and looking for a suitable holster now :rolleyes:, so I'm easing into regular carry.

As for the wait, I doubt that it will be quite as bad as April. 77 days for me- mailbox to mailbox.
In April 08 there were 25,075 Applications sent out
In Dec the figure is not known, but in Nov/08 there were 42,895.

I say sit back and enjoy the ride :D

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been carrying around the house for several days now and no one has noticed. The way I see it I have 3 months to get used to it and figure out which holster works best for me.

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
This wait is more difficult than ever because you are now active on a site that talks about carrying.

I agree about practice carrying at home. Wear different clothes to get a feel for what you are comfortable with.

Bless your heart. Been there done that and made everyone miserable in the process.

MamaBear

·
Registered
514 Posts
I need to build a bridge to my mail box soon the trench is getting deep :)
they cashed my check on the 22nd of Dec ....so how long you think? I fig late feb or early march

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Hi Magda, When did you send in your application? If I had to guess, I would say your about 60 days away from receiving your license.

·
Super Moderator
10,783 Posts
they cashed my check on the 22nd of Dec ....so how long you think? I fig late feb or early march
My total wait was 11 weeks, and they cashed my check after 4. Figure about another 50 days, plus however much the wait has increased in the past couple of months. Your estimate sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Magna750

hmm they cashed my check same day- must have been go to the bank day!

The race is on- good luck! :dancingbanana

·
Registered
514 Posts
it would be cool if we got them on the same day .LOL
I think i am going to out a alarm that sends me a alert when the mail comes ....Hum now were is my soldering iron

Magna750

hmm they cashed my check same day- must have been go to the bank day!

The race is on- good luck! :dancingbanana

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just got confirmation from the USPS that it was delivered today (01/05/09).

Now the real countdown begins.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Paladin, it looks like you and I are going to get ours around the same time... Mine was delivered today, too:
- Delivered, January 05, 2009, 9:50 am, TALLAHASSEE, FL 32314
- Arrival at Unit, January 02, 2009, 11:09 am, TALLAHASSEE, FL 32314
- Acceptance, December 29, 2008, 4:49 pm, ORLANDO, FL 32801

1 - 20 of 21 Posts