Florida Concealed Carry banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
Yikes…….i had one removed from my nose A year ago. They have been using the freeze on a spot on my scalp last 2 times. I wear the material mask when i go biking or golfing or lots of zinc o and coverings. I’ll be looking like that at the shoot with socks almost up to my knees….broad rimmed hat, long sleeves……darn sunscreen has too many bad chemicals in them and they have discovered those in the bloodstream a day or two after use so im not doing that stuff anymore……….well i hope you recover well and look a lot better in November…….……..;)

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Shark, that is good to know. Thank you for sharing that advice. (y)

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Glad they caught it, and you are recovering. I've had more spots sliced, scraped, frozen, or burned off of me than I can remember anymore. I think I lost track of the count somewhere around 10-15. Though I still remember the sobering surprise the first time the doctor told me I had a cancer.

When I was a kid, they didn't really know about the relationship between sunburn and skin cancer. I spent most every day, all summer, at the neighborhood swimming pool. Lobster red the first couple of weeks, then brown as a berry the rest of the summer. If I had only known!

First spot of skin cancer was diagnosed about 30 years ago. I pretty much immediately started completely avoiding any sun exposure. Then, about 5 years ago, I was diagnosed with severely low vitamin D levels. Great! Here's the paradox -- you need exposure to the sun to produce vitamin D, but you need to avoid the sun to avoid skin cancer. So what to do?

Well, the solution is finding the right balance. Some exposure to the sun, but not too much. So I started making a point of getting 5-10 minutes of sun exposure every day. Usually I take off my shirt and sit outside in the late afternoon to read; 4 or 5 minutes facing the sun, and the same facing away. Haven't gotten any sunburn as a result, but my vitamin D is now well up into the healthy range.

Anyway, take care, and here's hoping that neither one of us ends up with a melanoma!

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
the more I need to be preemptive LOL View attachment 72559
Holy Smokes ! .. That's about three times bigger than the cyst they removed from my 'inner groin' . Same on the local shots , and damn glad that i got them.

My gash had to stay open , debreeded everyday ( burn baby burn ) until totally closed in about 15 days or so .. Now you Really look the part of the Bad Ass that You Really Are ! I Knew you Could shoot with either Hand or Eye :cool:

In 'All Seriousness' Mr. Brownie , I / We all wish your the Very Best in a Speedy Recovery ! IMO keeping it Clean as Possible , the Key to hold off infections ;)
'Gunner' (y)(y)

Reactions: brownie

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Glad they caught it, and you are recovering. I've had more spots sliced, scraped, frozen, or burned off of me than I can remember anymore. I think I lost track of the count somewhere around 10-15. Though I still remember the sobering surprise the first time the doctor told me I had a cancer.

When I was a kid, they didn't really know about the relationship between sunburn and skin cancer. I spent most every day, all summer, at the neighborhood swimming pool. Lobster red the first couple of weeks, then brown as a berry the rest of the summer. If I had only known!

First spot of skin cancer was diagnosed about 30 years ago. I pretty much immediately started completely avoiding any sun exposure. Then, about 5 years ago, I was diagnosed with severely low vitamin D levels. Great! Here's the paradox -- you need exposure to the sun to produce vitamin D, but you need to avoid the sun to avoid skin cancer. So what to do?

Well, the solution is finding the right balance. Some exposure to the sun, but not too much. So I started making a point of getting 5-10 minutes of sun exposure every day. Usually I take off my shirt and sit outside in the late afternoon to read; 4 or 5 minutes facing the sun, and the same facing away. Haven't gotten any sunburn as a result, but my vitamin D is now well up into the healthy range.

Anyway, take care, and here's hoping that neither one of us ends up with a melanoma!
Sorry to hear you had to go through all of that yourself .. ;)(y)

·
Registered
55,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Holy Smokes ! .. That's about three times bigger than the cyst they removed from my 'inner groin' . Same on the local shots , and damn glad that i got them.

My gash had to stay open , debreeded everyday ( burn baby burn ) until totally closed for about 15 days or so .. Now you Really look the part of the Bad Ass that You Really Are ! I Knew you Could shoot with either Hand or Eye :cool:

In 'All Seriousness' Mr. Brownie , I / We all wish your the Very Best in a Speedy Recovery ! IMO keeping it Clean as Possible , the Key to hold off infections ;)
'Gunner' (y)(y)
Thanks Gunner

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
You told your wife you didn’t like dinner, didn’t you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One of my friends was in a relationship with a woman who proudly admitted to asssult. Her husband at the time got a fork in the neck merely for salting his soup!

Brownie, glad that things turned out okay and they got it in time.

·
Registered
55,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Can’t be critical of the surgeon. Don’t know margins they had to work with. Not much good tissue there. Plus area is swollen . It will heal quite well in the crease and shadow area of the nose. Positive thoughts Brownie.
I think the surgeon did a great job of making sure I don't have future issues with this one. Swelling is subsiding well, wound healing fairly well for just 4 days after surgery. If I'm left with a scar or two, I really don't care all that much due to the number of times I've been around the sun at this point Trapper

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Thanks Gunner
You are more than welcome my friend ! As a 'Marine' you are a product of The Toughest Armed Force period !

That being stated , I highly doubt I could ever have achieved that goal personally. Stay the Hard Core That You Are Mr. "B" (y)

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Damn...ease up on the close ups, old man....:cool:

Sounds like you caught it on time...glad to see you on the mend...
Didn't you mean Young Man ? .. Remember Mr. bladenbullet , I'm Still on here . He has quite a few more orbits around the sun For Sure ! :LOL: ;) (y)(y)

41 - 53 of 53 Posts