Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Holy canoli! Damn. Glad you're OK and caught it sooner rather than later.

FWIW, I think you look better! ;)

Seriously... best wishes for an uneventful recovery and a path report that shows "clear borders." (aka "they got it all")

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Absolute best wishes for speedy recovery and healing. (y)

Reactions: brownie

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Brownie,
Please keep this covered when you get to Florida because our SUN is bruttle on things like this.
I wish you a speedy recovery and a nice time in Florida.
Ronnie

·
Registered
55,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. I'm wishing you a nice big quart container of fried clams.... with the bellies! 😃
You probably have some idea of just how much I tasted them as I read your post too. LOL

thanks for the memories

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
You told your wife you didn’t like dinner, didn’t you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In a similar vein, and just barely safe for a family forum, an old employer at the gas station was missing his two front teeth.
He was a hell-raiser, and a bit of a trouble-maker if you ever got on his bad side.. God knows how it really happened.

But if anyone asked, his reply was they were doing it "doggy-style" and she ran under the coffee table.

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
Cowboy hats are your friend. Got 7. Been wearing them all my life

·
Registered
21,222 Posts
Damn...ease up on the close ups, old man....:cool:

Sounds like you caught it on time...glad to see you on the mend...

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Dude…NO MEANS NO! 😜

God speed on the recovery sir. (y)

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
Squamous cell carcinoma removed from the junction of the nose and lower eye lid. They took 1/2 the lower lid before the edges came back clean.

Doc said if we'd not caught this now, as soon as a year and no more than 3 years, I'd have lost the eye.

I've got some healing to do, but docs are aware I'm flying in 5 weeks to Fla. They told me that that's fine. No hard strenuous activity for 4 weeks and as long it doesn't get infected, I'll be good to go. There's a strict regimen of cleaning and lubricating the stitches so many times a day, I'm following the schedule to the letter.
I’m sorry to hear you had that to deal with Brownie; but damn glad you caught it in time!

·
Registered
55,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Heal well. Chicks dig scars. What led you to think something was wrong there?
Derm doctor had frozen/burned it 3 times, kept coming back. That's their rule, 3 freezes with no success, biopsy. That proved positive for carcinoma, and they had me under the knife in less than a week, it had been there too long already.

As it turns out, it was moving toward the eye and losing it.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Brownie, old friend. A nickel’s worth of free advice, I would go to a plastic surgeon from now on. They are better trained and more inclined to biopsy anything. I have handled cases where dermatologists were not really up to speed and caused people to suffer. Certainly I’m not being critical of your guy.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts