1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
WTH???

·
Super Moderator
30,402 Posts
What the Hell happened brownie and what does the other guy look like? Is he alive? 🤣

·
Registered
7,596 Posts
You told your wife you didn’t like dinner, didn’t you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: brownie

·
Registered
55,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Squamous cell carcinoma removed from the junction of the nose and lower eye lid. They took 1/2 the lower lid before the edges came back clean.

Doc said if we'd not caught this now, as soon as a year and no more than 3 years, I'd have lost the eye.

I've got some healing to do, but docs are aware I'm flying in 5 weeks to Fla. They told me that that's fine. No hard strenuous activity for 4 weeks and as long it doesn't get infected, I'll be good to go. There's a strict regimen of cleaning and lubricating the stitches so many times a day, I'm following the schedule to the letter.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Thankfully you escaped that bullet, the loss of an eye. I wish you good healing, Brownie, and hope you're good as new after the mending.

Just one question though... was it total anesthesia, and if not, how many men had to hold you down to overcome the muscle memory when the doc confronted you with an edged weapon? ;)

·
Registered
55,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thankfully you escaped that bullet, the loss of an eye. I wish you good healing, Brownie, and hope you're good as new after the mending.

Just one question though... was it total anesthesia, and if not, how many men had to hold you down to overcome the muscle memory when the doc confronted you with an edged weapon? ;)
LOL

It was a MOH procedure done by a doc that's got 26 years of doing these [ in VA network through tri care ]. Then the plastic surgeon did his thing.

Local lidocaine injections by the MOH surgeon numbered 6. The plastic surgeon gave me another 3 just before he started. Never felt a thing, just pressure being applied as I was told. By the time I got to the pharmacy back this way, there was considerable pain which gave me a headache. Once on the meds, it's been more than tolerable. Anti's prescribed as well for 5 days to reduce the risk of infection.

·
Super Moderator
89 Posts
MOH procedure
I've had four or five (I lost count) of those on my old, bald head this year. I think we're done for a while. I hope so, anyway. They can't take much more skin out of my scalp without my ears starting to come together on the top of my head.

·
Super Moderator
30,402 Posts
I've had four or five (I lost count) of those on my old, bald head this year. I think we're done for a while. I hope so, anyway. They can't take much more skin out of my scalp without my ears starting to come together on the top of my head.
That's why I'm famous for my wide-brimmed hats! So far, so good. :unsure:

Hope you're feeling better soon, brownie! 🤠

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
Glad they caught it in time Brownie. Best wishes for a speedy and uneventful recovery.

·
Registered
55,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Brownie, we pray for a speedy recovery for you.

I hope that's not your shootin eye, or your going to be a little sidelined for a while.
fortunately, I'm left eye dominant though shoot primarily from the right side [ can shoot with either hand ].

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Glad it was found before it was life threatening. Take your time with the healing process.

·
Registered
13,330 Posts
I’ve had a few MOHs procedures in the past few years. Even one in the crease between my nose and cheek like part of yours. A couple of squamous cell and a couple of basil cell carcinomas. Doc says they are from sun exposures when we were young. I sure had lots of time in the sun my whole life.

Heal quickly my friend. The main reason for the procedures in cleaning the sites (aside from infection) is avoiding scarring. In my case that would be no big deal given the extensive scars I already have. :p(y)

·
Super Moderator
89 Posts
That's why I'm famous for my wide-brimmed hats! So far, so good. :unsure:
Me, too. I wear one anytime I leave the house and the sun's out. Well, maybe not the 15-step round trip to the mailbox, but I only get there before my wife about once a week or so.

I was one of those fair-complexioned kids whose hair turned white blond (or is it blonde) in the summer sun. I started thinning when I was still in high school (a look at my father's and grandfathers' hairlines told me everything I needed to know about a ponytail-free future). My dermatologist here in Florida has been working on me for about 6-7 years.

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. I'm wishing you a nice big quart container of fried clams.... with the bellies! 😃

1 - 20 of 53 Posts