Florida Concealed Carry banner

581 - 600 of 634 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Same here.
Weather should be good, if you define "good" as not being 200-degrees outside, in the shade.
The rain will be cleared out of here by then, and if not, it'll take more than a few raindrops to alter the trajectory. :)

I may bring (and actually shoot) the Tavor this time.
It's never seen 300 yards. Might be "interesting".

Mike

·
Registered
10,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #584 (Edited)
Met up at the PBSO 300 yard range with Anduril today. My girl came to shoot, as well. Though, it turns out she "wasn't feelin' it" today. So, she shot only two targets.

I had some great groups, and some not so great groups. But, overall... happy with my performance at 300 yards.

My first target, included getting sighted in.

Some 1/2-MOA groups.

Zoom in on that lower left group. Best group of the day! 0.212-MOA 4-shot group... until shot 5!

Got a true 0.433-MOA 5-shot group in there!

A 3/4-MOA 10-shot group. I'll take it!

My girl's targets. She was tired and just not "feelin' it." But, she still shot quite well at 300 yards!

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Nice shooting Mike. You had some really nice groups mixed in there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #586
Another way to look at my best group of the day... ;)

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Yep - another great outing at the range!
And the weather was actually very nice; breezy and mixed-overcast.

That said, mine was a pretty consistent 1.5 MOA day, later morphing into a 2 MOA.
The rifle clearly does not "like" 300 gr ammo - but what I really found out today is that I need another inch on the bean-bag.
I was fussing with that all morning... like an uncooperative pillow. :)

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Lmao..... we have to break him in slowly, we don’t want to scare him off so soon.

·
Registered
10,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #592
PBSO range is open this coming weekend. Anyone planning to go?

I'm about out of 6.5CM ammo. So, I'm thinking of just shooting my SCAR-16, and maybe bring a .22-rifle for some cheap and easy fun.

·
Super Moderator
26,066 Posts
I'm celebrating youngest son's 15th Bday this weekend and unable to attend this weekend. :(

·
Registered
10,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #594
Had a fun day at the range with my son today. It was his first time at 100 yards. Also first time shooting anything bigger than a .22LR.

Started him with the Ruger American Rimfire. Then the SCAR-16. Then the precision AR-15. He did quite well, especially for his first time.

Here was his best group with the AR-15, which was better than my best group! It's four shots. He had a failure to feed on the 5th shot, so he thought he was out of ammo. Still pretty good, I'd say!

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Excellent shooting! I’m definitely making the next weekend at the PBCSR!

·
Registered
10,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #596 (Edited)
I shot the top three groups, while my son shot the two bottom groups. The lower right group is the same one I posted above. He thought he was out of ammo due to a FTF. Then I discovered the extra round and didn't want to take it home. So... which target to shoot with my one shot??

It was very windy yesterday. I'd say 15 mph steady with 20 - 25 mph gusts. Direction was from 6 o'clock.

Here's that same target without the mark-up (but with the groups measured).

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
PBSO range is open this coming weekend. Anyone planning to go?

I'm about out of 6.5CM ammo. So, I'm thinking of just shooting my SCAR-16, and maybe bring a .22-rifle for some cheap and easy fun.
Sorry I missed the invite. Next time..

·
Registered
10,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #598
Sorry I missed the invite. Next time..
No worries. I ended up going just on Saturday, in the afternoon, with my son. He wouldn't get up early. I skipped Sunday. I'm pretty much out of match grade ammo for my precision rifles.

Hopefully, I'll have something to shoot next month! :) Lots of priorities competing!

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Well it seems the three amigo threat will be shut down for a while. Our range is still open and this weekend i took out my AK 74 made from a kit back in about 2005....i dont know i ive posted anything on this rifle yet but i was thinking it would be a terrific truck gun so i wanted to check out the accuracy. Site is a Trijicon RMR with orange triangle light emitting only, no battery.....in the sunlight its amazingly bright, under cover at the range a quite muted. This rifle is a polish tantal custom built by Rifle Dynamics which at the time was owned by Jim Fuller, who recently sold it. I hear is ready to open another business....5.56 x 39 wolf mil classic ammo....all i did today was range it at 25 yards benched. Next week if all goes well, i will take it out to 50yds or 100 though seeing a small target at that range without magniification wont be able to accomplish the results of 25yds....i counted at least 9 rounds in the small target on the right after zeroing the middle X. It was a fun rifle to shoot with less recoil then my AR....3# trigger at most....original polish barrel. i think i could do better with more lit triangle. At times i had to reposiiton the triangle to see where the tip of the triangle was. But it sure is accurate enough at 25. . 11D7898B-F384-4F05-AB77-B649EB5E0C11.jpg

·
Super Moderator
26,066 Posts
Braggart! :rofl

Nice truck gun, too! :thumsup

581 - 600 of 634 Posts