Florida Concealed Carry banner

541 - 560 of 634 Posts

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #541 (Edited)
Those two targets with the 3-shot one-holers... are an example of why guys who post 3-shot groups for bragging rights get laughed at. FIVE shots is a lot harder. Most of the precision shooters out there in the forums consider the 5-shot group the "standard. Some even suggest 10-shot groups! But, 3-shots? Bah! Anyone can make a good 3-shot group! ;)

(Re-measured group in OnTarget)

Heck... even with the two other shots, it's a 0.6-MOA group. Not bad. Wait... Do I need a new barrel? :grin Or should I cover up the two individual shots and claim that my rifle and I can shoot 0.157-MOA groups? ;)

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #542
PBSO is open just on Saturday next weekend (100 yards only).

Who's in?

PS... then again on the 15th and 16th. 300 yards on the 16th.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Can't make it - I have Super Bowl duty. *(Which, is going to totally suck, BTW.)
I would do just about anything to get out of it.

But I'm definitely down for the 16th. Maybe 15th too.

·
Super Moderator
27,078 Posts
Not sure yet for this weekend but trying hard for the 100/300 yard weekend.
:rifle

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Cant believe the last shoot was 1/5/20!!!

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Not sure if I can make it, yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Me too no posting :grin

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #549
Made it the PBSO range this morning. Light attendance, probably because of anticipated / predicted rain. It was overcast and about 67 degrees. Light to no wind. PERFECT! It only rained very lightly at the end of my 3 hours there.

I shot the RPR 6.5CM first. Played with 3 different types of ammo. All but two groups were sub-MOA. Still! With over 3500 rounds through the barrel!

As for which ammo won? I'd say inconclusive. But, the Berger Target ammo didn't do as well as I expected. But, maybe that's because I started with that (and hadn't warmed up, yet). I only had 16 rounds of it left.

Berger Target 130-gr (what I had left of it)

Then I moved to Federal Gold Medal Match 130-gr.

Last was Hornady ELD-M 140-gr (tried and true stuff!). Sucked balls on that top left group (#2), but the lower right group (#5) was quite satisfying... until that 5th shot! Four shots through the same hole, though!

More Hornady ELD-M 140-gr...

As I packed my RPR and set up my SCAR-16 for some iron sight fun, it started to rain. Definitely nothing to write home about. But, here it is:

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Nice shooting bro.

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #551
Nice shooting bro.

Overall, I thought I shot... "meh." But, a few good groups in there.

"338 Lapua guy" was there with a new 6.5CM rifle. Nice rig, he got. Set up next to me... Glad I wasn't getting thumped by his 338!

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Overall, I thought I shot... "meh." But, a few good groups in there.

"338 Lapua guy" was there with a new 6.5CM rifle. Nice rig, he got. Set up next to me... Glad I wasn't getting thumped by his 338!
That 338 too expensive to shoot? Lol.

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #553
That 338 too expensive to shoot? Lol.

yeah... less than half the cost for ammo. And, not as fatiguing (recoil). Chatted with him a bit. Nice guy.

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #554
Funny thing... Once, when I went down to change my target, he stayed at the firing line. I had an urge to write "you suck" on his target for him to see when we went hot again. But, then I remembered... "Wait.. it's not Caleb's target. 338 Guy might not get the humor!" :grin

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Funny thing... Once, when I went down to change my target, he stayed at the firing line. I had an urge to write "you suck" on his target for him to see when we went hot again. But, then I remembered... "Wait.. it's not Caleb's target. 338 Guy might not get the humor!" :grin
Good judgement!!! But that’s funny!!! :rofl

·
Super Moderator
27,078 Posts
:rofl

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Lmao.... that would’ve been funny as hell to see through the glass.....

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #558
Two weeks from now, they'll be doing 300 yards on Sunday. Be there, or be square! :grin

·
Super Moderator
27,078 Posts
Just found out today that I cannot be there in the 15-16 February PBSO weekend because I have several really close friends coming from out of town for a mini reunion of sorts. So I'm really going to be jonesing for some long(er) range time but depending upon the FWC Range opening date, I might have seen my last 300 years day at PBSO. :(

541 - 560 of 634 Posts