Florida Concealed Carry banner

441 - 460 of 634 Posts

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #441
Not this weekend, but the following weekend, the PBSO range is open again.

More importantly, perhaps, is that on Sunday (Nov 17th), they'll be doing the 300 yard range. (Saturday is 100 yards.)

Who's in???

·
Registered
6,132 Posts
Let me check my schedule. But I should be “in”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
27,065 Posts
I'm probably in, too. Have to make sure I'm not the family uber on that Saturday, though. :grin

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #444
Looking forward to seeing how my girl does at 300 yards!

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #445 (Edited)
Met up with BeerHunter for the 100 yard range today. Caleb, partied like it was 1999 last night.... So, he wussed out.

The weather was PERFECT! 77 degrees. 58% humidity. Wind 3-5 mph from 3 o'clock. I wasn't soaking wet nor did I have sweat dripping into my eyes! Man, that was NICE!

Shooting was pretty good, too. Nothing spectacular, but some good groups. Mostly sub-MOA. A couple right at 1-MOA+. A couple in the 1/2-MOA or less category.

First target. Used Berger's new Match Hybrid 140-gr ammo. Upper right group was a hair below 1/2-MOA!

Second target, with the same ammo... wanted to try doing a "composite" group again. Two shots on each bullseye x 15.

Here's the "composite group" from my OnTarget TDS app:

Switched to Hornady ELD-M 140-gr ammo for the 3rd target. Check out the last group on the lower right!

Ending on that good note, I put the RPR away and took out the SCAR-16 for some iron sight work. Not bad for aging eyes!

Saved the rear sight setting by taking a photo.

I was sporting a new t-shirt. I saw Navy Seal, Robert O'Neill (dude that shot Bin Laden), wearing this shirt on The Greg Gutfeld Show (Fox News) a couple of weeks ago. I liked it, so I looked it up. It's his own apparel company. I had to get one!

300 yards tomorrow!

·
Registered
6,132 Posts
Are you sure that wasn’t your daughters targets from last time?

See you guys tomorrow!

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #447
Are you sure that wasn’t your daughters targets from last time?

See you guys tomorrow!

Hahaha!! Could have been! :grin

Tomorrow will be fun.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Met up with BeerHunter for the 100 yard range today. Caleb, partied like it was 1999 last night.... So, he wussed out.

The weather was PERFECT! 77 degrees. 58% humidity. Wind 3-5 mph from 3 o'clock. I wasn't soaking wet nor did I have sweat dripping into my eyes! Man, that was NICE!

Shooting was pretty good, too. Nothing spectacular, but some good groups. Mostly sub-MOA. A couple right at 1-MOA+. A couple in the 1/2-MOA or less category.

First target. Used Berger's new Match Hybrid 140-gr ammo. Upper right group was a hair below 1/2-MOA!

Second target, with the same ammo... wanted to try doing a "composite" group again. Two shots on each bullseye x 15.

Here's the "composite group" from my OnTarget TDS app:

Switched to Hornady ELD-M 140-gr ammo for the 3rd target. Check out the last group on the lower right!

Ending on that good note, I put the RPR away and took out the SCAR-16 for some iron sight work. Not bad for aging eyes!

Saved the rear sight setting by taking a photo.

I was sporting a new t-shirt. I saw Navy Seal, Robert O'Neill (dude that shot Bin Laden), wearing this shirt on The Greg Gutfeld Show (Fox News) a couple of weeks ago. I liked it, so I looked it up. It's his own apparel company. I had to get one!

300 yards tomorrow!
Found him on YouTube, a 1 hr talk which was fantastic. Sounds like he is doing the motivational speaking circuit. BTW, I found a for sale notice at the club, a member selling his stock of Hornady 140 ELD 27 boxes, (540 reds), $500.00. Same lot #, PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #449 (Edited)
Got lots of target photos to process. But, here are a couple of preliminary photos of my girl and her first targets at 300 yards.

She CRUSHED it! Truly amazing. Her very first shot at 300 yards drilled the bullseye.

First shot - took pic through the spotting scope. She was so excited... she jumped off the rifle onto the spotting scope to see the shot.

Her first five shots. Love this photo (and smile!).

2nd target - first shot.

Her 2nd target - ten shots.

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #450 (Edited)
OK... the measured groups for my girl. I know she's MY girl, but dayummm! I am blown away at how well she shoots!

The x-rings are 3-inches, for reference.

First five shots:

Same target as above with ten more shots:

2nd Target:

The two flyers on the right were unexplained. Just weird... she couldn't explain. But, I'm calling them "flyers!" :grin Eight shot group was almost 1/2-MOA (0.583-MOA)!

·
Registered
6,132 Posts
If I wasn’t there, I would of never believed you. That young lady can shoot! Well done, Lia!!! I didn’t do so well it had a great time with friends on a beautiful cool day. Maybe I’ll process my targets, maybe not.

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #452
If I wasn’t there, I would of never believed you. That young lady can shoot! Well done, Lia!!! I didn’t do so well it had a great time with friends on a beautiful cool day. Maybe I’ll process my targets, maybe not.

All you had to do is ask... ask Lia to put some holes in your target! ;)

Glad you made it!

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #453 (Edited)
My targets. I think I'm liking the Berger match 140 hybrid target ammo.

Had fun meeting up with BeerHunter and Caleb!

A "Mr. Know-it-all" shooting between Caleb and me couldn't shoot for $hit and packed up early. He was also a "close talker" - If you're a Seinfeld fan, you'll get the reference.

·
Registered
6,132 Posts
Those groups look way better after you process the MOA! I’m so used to seeing the impacts touching at 100yds and expect the same at 300. I gotta get that out of my head!

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #455 (Edited)
Those groups look way better after you process the MOA! I’m so used to seeing the impacts touching at 100yds and expect the same at 300. I gotta get that out of my head!

Yeah... I suffer the same affliction. Expecting the same bugholes and cloverleafs from 100 yards at the longer distances.

I thought those groups were "meh." But, hell... most of them are sub-MOA!

·
Super Moderator
27,065 Posts
I sure need to go back and learn how to use that program. I had a few groups today that I know are sub MOA in the 1/2 to 1/3 MOA range.

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #457

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #458 (Edited)
Next PBSO date is Dec 7 - 8. They just published next year's dates... through March, as they expect the new FWC public range to open at that time. Let's not hold our breath, eh?

2020 Public Shoot Dates and Distances

Dates
1/4/20 X X 8am-5pm
1/5/20 X X 8am-4pm
2/1/20 X X 8am-5pm
2/15/20 X X 8am-5pm
2/16/20 X X 8am-4pm
3/7/20 X X 8am-5pm
3/8/20 X X 8am-4pm

Link to brochure with dates:
http://discover.pbcgov.org/fdo/PDF/ShootingRange/RangeBrochure2020.pdf

On December 14th the Port Malabar Rifle & Pistol Club is hosting a 600-yard "High Power" Match.

http://www.pmrpc.com/event/mid-range-f-class

I'm going to take my daughter up and see how she does at 600 yards! :grin

·
Registered
11,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #459
It's PBSO time again! This weekend Sat 100 / Sun 200 yards.

Who's going? :grin

·
Registered
6,132 Posts
Don’t think I’ll make this one but, I’ll try.

441 - 460 of 634 Posts