Florida Concealed Carry banner

421 - 440 of 634 Posts

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
I love that I have this activity to bond and spend "quality time" with my daughter! I'm sure BeerHunter will concur (he brings his sons shooting).
I love the fact that she is out-shooting your old ass!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
when started right kids and most beginners have no bad habits to unlearn like the rest of us that have been "self" taught or taught incorrectly. For us it is like :banghead2

·
Super Moderator
26,039 Posts
I love the fact that she is out-shooting your old ass!

What, I didnt see her shoot racer in the ass! He had no trouble sitting at lunch. ;)

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
The kids a real shooter. May have to get her a range shirt that somehow acknowledges that talent!!

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #429
Nah.....I would be proud. She is a natural.

The kids a real shooter. May have to get her a range shirt that somehow acknowledges that talent!!
Lia is doing great, good to see her smiling
Thanks, all. I appreciate all the support I got from my gunny friends. I know you guys truly cared, and it means a lot.

I'm proud of her in many ways... and now I've got another reason! :grin The girl can shoot! And, she enjoys it!

·
Super Moderator
26,039 Posts
Thanks, all. I appreciate all the support I got from my gunny friends. I know you guys truly cared, and it means a lot.

I'm proud of her in many ways... and now I've got another reason! :grin The girl can shoot! And, she enjoys it!
I truly believe she's a natural and if she ever decides to get into competition shooting, I'm certain she'd become a star!
:rifle

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #431 (Edited)
<--- Super-proud dad! :2thumsup

Took my girl back to the 200 yard range today. Last week, she asked, "When is the 200 yard range open again?" :grin So, we went back today. By my count, this is her 9th time EVER shooting.

I'm tellin' ya... the girl can shoot! The 4-shot cluster were her first four shots on this bullseye. After the 4th shot, she paused and said, "Now I'm nervous about the 5th shot." Sure enough, she pulled it a bit. But, still a well-sub-MOA group even with the 5th shot!

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
That’s amazing! Great shooting young sniper!

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #433
After she "warmed up" on the center bullseye.... all groups sub-MOA.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #434 (Edited)
I didn't do too shabby myself... Every group was sub-MOA. :dancingbanana

Target #1

Target #2

Check out the oddball group on the left of target #2. That's five shots. Three holes. Apparently, 2 rounds went into each of two holes.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #435
Brought out the FS2000. My girl couldn't manage the trigger. The trigger does suck and is quite heavy.

·
Super Moderator
26,039 Posts
Excellent shooting by both of you! Sorry I was unable to join in on the fun.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #437
Excellent shooting by both of you! Sorry I was unable to join in on the fun.
Thanks! I am just amazed at how natural she is at it! Sure, I'll take SOME credit as her "instructor."

So, get this... today she figured out holding windage on her own! I had not yet covered that topic with her. I told her that we were shooting for groups and to hold her POA the same every time.... It's OK if the hits aren't all in the bullseye. We're working on precision for now.

Anyway... she figured out holding windage and mentioned that it was tricky, because the wind changes. Mind you, the wind doesn't have a big effect at 200 yards, but it was blowing a bit today... I'd say 5 - 10 mph. Mostly 5 mph. So, at 200 yards, that's 1 - 2 inches with a full-value wind.

I was impressed that she figured that out on her own. :2thumsup

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
She gets her smarts from her mama.

·
Super Moderator
26,039 Posts
She is a very smart girl! :thumsup

421 - 440 of 634 Posts