Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 634 Posts

·
Registered
10,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I missed the range date two weeks ago (was out of town). They're open to the public again this coming weekend.

I haven't confirmed with wifey-poo (aka CINCHOME). But, I should be good to go for Sat (100 yards) / Sun (200 yards).

Anyone want to meet up? :grin

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
I missed the range date two weeks ago (was out of town). They're open to the public again this coming weekend.

I haven't confirmed with wifey-poo (aka CINCHOME). But, I should be good to go for Sat (100 yards) / Sun (200 yards).

Anyone want to meet up? :grin
Can I come with a handgun?:laughing

·
Super Moderator
26,087 Posts
Would love to and I might get back in time Friday. Have to check on son's work schedule to know for sure.

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Not sure what my weekend is going to be.... if I can squeeze in some range time, I will surely come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
All the people that like to get together are all in south florida...

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
All the people that like to get together are all in south florida...
I still plan on putting together a GTG closer to you. Just give my pockets some time to recover from the vacation and I will set something up.

·
Registered
10,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like I'm good to go for both Saturday and Sunday. I'll be there when they open. :grin

·
Registered
10,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll be there tomorrow! Bringing the SCAR-16, FS2000, and RPR 6.5CM.

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Not going to make it guys.....have fun tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
26,087 Posts
I didn't get back in time for Saturday but planning on going tomorrow for the 200 yard Sunday.

·
Registered
10,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was a good day at the range. A bit cooler than last time, but still freakin' hot by the end of the session. Only 8 shooters showed up at 8am. Then it petered down to 2 of us, then 4-5 more guys showed up. But, then I left (about 11am). I was beat.

Had a good session. Played with some different ammo in the RPR. My best group was with "cheap" factory ammo! Then my last target was with the SCAR-16S. Will post target pics after I've processed them. :grin

·
Registered
10,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here are my obligatory target pics!

My best group was with the cheapest factory ammo. Go figure!

It was not as hot as a month ago... but, it was HOT.

I started with confirming my zero with the Copper Creek custom ammo:

Then I switched to Federal Gold Medal Berger 130-gr.

With this target, I did not change the turrets. Note that the groups are consistently about an inch (1-moa) low.

Did 3 more groups without touching the turrets. Then on the last group (lower right), I made the adjustment. I entered the offset in Strelok. So now, when I use this ammo, Strelok will automatically give me the right turret settings.

Last target with the RPR was with Hornady Black (cheaper factory 6.5CM). Did the same thing, entering the vertical and horizontal offset in Strelok:

Took out the SCAR-16. Open sights. Not bad for old eyes.

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
Very nice

·
Registered
54,244 Posts
OP, when you're using irons, do you use a 6 O clock hold? If not, try it, your groups will be much tighter with a constant reference point.

When I shoot the M1a with irons, I go to that 6Oclock hold and find that constant reference point really tightens the groups.

·
Registered
10,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
OP, when you're using irons, do you use a 6 O clock hold? If not, try it, your groups will be much tighter with a constant reference point.

When I shoot the M1a with irons, I go to that 6Oclock hold and find that constant reference point really tightens the groups.
In this case, I was lining the top of the front sight with the center of the red bullseye. So, I could see (sort of) the top half of the red bullseye above the top edge of the front sight.

If I "lollipopped" the entire red bullseye on the front sight, I would have been dead on, eh? :) Well... and a bit to the left. Next time! Thanks!

·
Registered
54,244 Posts
In this case, I was lining the top of the front sight with the center of the red bullseye. So, I could see (sort of) the top half of the red bullseye above the top edge of the front sight.

If I "lollipopped" the entire red bullseye on the front sight, I would have been dead on, eh? :) Well... and a bit to the left. Next time! Thanks!
You'll have to add elevation to use the 6 O clock hold and put them COM. On my m1a, from POA/POI at 100 yrds, if I want 6 O clock hold I have to add 3 clicks [ 3" ] so the bullet strikes higher as I hold lower. :thumsup

·
Registered
10,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You'll have to add elevation to use the 6 O clock hold and put them COM. On my m1a, from POA/POI at 100 yrds, if I want 6 O clock hold I have to add 3 clicks [ 3" ] so the bullet strikes higher as I hold lower. :thumsup
Roger that!

1 - 20 of 634 Posts