Florida Concealed Carry banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
In fairness and since a number of our members are a little older, perhaps we should include: “Anyone else have guns they can’t remember they have shot?”
Roger - as they say in the movies Or NYC , "You Talkin About Me" :LOL::ROFLMAO:(y)(y)

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
I'm going to shoot my only unfired gun a Howa M1500 ACR in 6.5CM next week , I'm really looking forward to it range report to follow.
Awesome Mr. Earl 007 .. I only have one question : If you are going to shoot your gun at long distance , Do they have transportation to drive you all the way down there ? I know i wouldn't make 100 yds at my age ;) Great Luck Zeroing her in !

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
I'll be walking the 100 yards many times and paying for it for a week, I can put up 4 targets each trip.
Hi Mr. Earl 007 - My Bad , as i got confused about your other range wth the 1,000 yd range .. In My case , a Golf Cart would be an Excellent and Necessary option . You can make the 100 yds , I know you can my friend ;)(y)

I doubt very much that 'any' of my rifle scopes could be dialed in without a 'BDC' , or Similar at the very least . Also being that only [ 1 ] , My .264 Win' Mag might be capable ballistically possibly near that distance .. Then there's my eyesight about now!

I also have a * Howa in 7mm mag , now with a 2 pound trigger . I like the ELD's in it , and am trying to get a 'can' for it ! Also you've got the right caliber with your new 6.5 Creedmore -Great (y)

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
I'm going to shoot my only unfired gun a Howa M1500 ACR in 6.5CM next week , I'm really looking forward to it range report to follow.
Let us know how it goes! Got a nice scope on it?

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
It has a Bushnell Elite Tactical XRS 4.5-30X50 scope it is there best , I bought it on year end clearance on black friday last x-mas. I have handloaded Hornady ELD match 140g ammo loaded to the max limit. I will be bringing a Magneto speed sporter cronograph to record the speeds for use with the balistics app. also have the kestral link weather station for use next time with longer shots.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
It has a Bushnell Elite Tactical XRS 4.5-30X50 scope it is there best , I bought it on year end clearance on black friday last x-mas. I have handloaded Hornady ELD match 140g ammo loaded to the max limit. I will be bringing a Magneto speed sporter cronograph to record the speeds for use with the balistics app. also have the kestral link weather station for use next time with longer shots.
Wow ! You sound like a bonafide long range sniper already ! Nice equipment as well . The ELD's in the 140g's have an excellent and proven Ogive .

With your Max loads , they should fly out of that 6.5 C.M. Wish you could take a video ! If I'm not getting too personal , what powder are you using ?

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
Sounds like you're ready to rock!

I have exactly 280 rounds of 6.5 CM left, and I'm sitting tight on it. 6.5 CM is very scarce, and if you can find it, it's 200% of the normal price. So... sitting tight.

My rifle likes the Hornady ELD-140.

Here was the last time I shot for groups, last September! This is factory Hornady ammo.
Triangle Organism Font Slope Symmetry

The last time I shot the rifle was 2 months later (November 2020) with Bob and "the boys" at the 500 yard range with steel targets... so no "groups" to show off on that day. The barrel has 4,000 rounds through it and can still shoot sub-1/2-MOA!

I can't believe it's been almost a year since I did any precision rifle / distance shooting.

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
That is a nice group , you could help me with something - when you are measuring groups is it from center to center or distance between the edges. I was measuring center to center for my colt match AR rifle is that right.

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
That is a nice group , you could help me with something - when you are measuring groups is it from center to center or distance between the edges. I was measuring center to center for my colt match AR rifle is that right.
Technically, it's center to center. But, that's hard to do with your eyes and a caliper / ruler. So, the easy way is to measure edge to edge and then subtract the caliber.

So, if it's 1-inch edge to edge, and you're shooting 6.5 CM (equivalent to .264-caliber), it's 1 - 0.264, which equals 0.736-inches (center to center). Hope that made sense.

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Thank you that makes perfect sense. I was wondering how you would I-ball or I-cromiter that.

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
Thank you that makes perfect sense. I was wondering how you would I-ball or I-cromiter that.
Yeah... it's easier to find the edges than the center.

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
I use a nifty bit of software to do my groups. I wrote about it here. Let me find it.

Bah! This is easier. I made a video demo:

61 - 76 of 76 Posts