Florida Concealed Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 164 Posts

· Registered
16,106 Posts

· Registered
7,908 Posts
Hey folks, tonight I checked into the Hampton Inn in Okeechobee for a clay shoot tomorrow at OK Coral. I told the clerk that I’d be back next Friday to shoot at OSS and asked if there is a discount? She looked it up and said OSS has a 20% discount with them and she applied it to next weeks reservation. So my price for next week went from something like $236 if i recall correctly to $185.

Anyone checking in next Friday that didn't get the discount I’d suggest inquiring at check in. I believe you need to make the reservation with the hotel directly and not use a third party booking. She told me she couldn't give me the discount on tonight’s reservation because of a third party booking. I didn't book this reservation it was made for me and paid by someone else so I didn't care. Next weeks reservation was booked by me and directly with the hotel. I got burned last time with some crazy “service charge” last time I did a third part booking and I’ll NEVER. do that again. Always book directly with the hotel. MHO. YMMV

Looking forward to seeing everyone and shooting again. 👍

· Registered
16,967 Posts
Got provisions for the course!
Font Billboard Wood Bumper Automotive exterior

· Registered
8,678 Posts
I’ve been packed and ready since last week! Let’s do this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rick McC.

· Super Moderator
6,370 Posts
So recently a friend of mine brought me a box of knives. His brother who I was close to as well collected knives and he gave me a box of some of the collection. There isn't a lot of good stuff in it, mostly cheaper knives but a lot of them would make good toolbox or general purpose use. I'll bring the box and if anyone wants one, it will be first come, first served.

· Registered
8,678 Posts
So recently a friend of mine brought me a box of knives. His brother who I was close to as well collected knives and he gave me a box of some of the collection. There isn't a lot of good stuff in it, mostly cheaper knives but a lot of them would make good toolbox or general purpose use. I'll bring the box and if anyone wants one, it will be first come, first served.
I’ll meet you at the barefoot subway down the road from the range…. Shhhh, don’t tell anyone.

· Registered
16,967 Posts
Hooray! Got shipping notice for a new OWB holster for the PFC9, which I'll be running at the course.

I'd like to run from concealment (if I pass muster). But, since we're going to be re-holstering so much, it will just be easier with OWB rather than the IWB holster I normally use for EDC.

I should have it on Friday, just in time! I was preparing to modify another (existing) OWB holster. Looks like I won't have to do that. :cool:

Very much looking forward to the course!

Reactions: joecarry

· Registered
8,678 Posts
Bags and gear packed and ready to go. Lisa and I will see most of y’all at the Hampton. Can’t wait to shoot the [email protected] and break bread with you fine peeps. Applebees anyone?

· Registered
16,967 Posts
For those attending:
Are you bringing a backup in case of main gun failure?
No. Not bringing A backup. Bring at least TWO backups! LOL!

My primary gun will be my P80 PFC9 "EDC."
Backup #1: Gen 2 Glock 19
Backup #2: P80 G19 "Goldi"
Backup #3: Shockwave! LOL!

· Registered
16,967 Posts
My packing list:
Firearms Training Gear Check List
  1. Guns. Lots of guns.
  2. Magazines. Mag loaders.
  3. Ammo. Lots of ammo.
  4. Holsters. Mag holders.
  5. Eye / Ear Pro.
  6. Tools.
  7. Gun cleaning kit. Oil.
  8. Notepad.
  9. Towels / hand wipes.
  10. First Aid kit.
  11. Moleskin.
  12. Hat.
  13. Sunglasses.
  14. Sunscreen / bug spray
  15. Chair.
  16. Targets (if needed).
  17. Cooler with water / drinks / snacks.
  18. Change of clothes.
  19. Rain gear.
  20. Phone battery / charger.

Reactions: BeerHunter

· Registered
19,521 Posts
My packing list:
Firearms Training Gear Check List
  1. Guns. Lots of guns.
  2. Magazines. Mag loaders.
  3. Ammo. Lots of ammo.
  4. Holsters. Mag holders.
  5. Eye / Ear Pro.
  6. Tools.
  7. Gun cleaning kit. Oil.
  8. Notepad.
  9. Towels / hand wipes.
  10. First Aid kit.
  11. Moleskin.
  12. Hat.
  13. Sunglasses.
  14. Sunscreen / bug spray
  15. Chair.
  16. Targets (if needed).
  17. Cooler with water / drinks / snacks.
  18. Change of clothes.
  19. Rain gear.
  20. Phone battery / charger.
I got #17 handled. No worries.
Cokes/diet cokes/waters/Gatorades/small bags of assorted chips/sammiches

121 - 140 of 164 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.