13-Sunglasses….. check
14-Sunscreen….. check
15-Beach chairs…..check
16-Learning attitude….. check
17-
18-
19-
20-

Making myself a list for the class and figured I’d share. Feel free to copy, add, replace, ect…. Also, add any suggestions.

I know the group that will be attending are Veterans of these classes but, you never know if you might forget an item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My checklist:

1. Raid Caleb's stash for whatever I need.

· Registered
7,923 Posts
Just out of curiosity, those double mag holders, why have each mag pointing out in opposite directions? I always have my mags with rounds facing forward this way when I grab one and go to insert it into the mag well they are always orientated correctly. Seems to me carring them opposing each other will only come to confuse you under stress reloading. Am I missing something? :unsure:

· Registered
447 Posts
Just out of curiosity, those double mag holders, why have each mag pointing out in opposite directions? I always have my mags with rounds facing forward this way when I grab one and go to insert it into the mag well they are always orientated correctly. Seems to me carring them opposing each other will only come to confuse you under stress reloading. Am I missing something? :unsure:
Same, except mine the rounds face back. It is comfortable to me.

· Registered
58,258 Posts
I carry mags with the rounds facing forward as well. Always have since the 80's and I was shooting matches eveery weekend all over New England

· Registered
19,539 Posts
Rounds forward, draw mag, index finger guides it in.
I’m having a hard time imagining a reload with the rounds facing back? At some point in time you have to ‘flip’ the mag like this no? Opp for a fumble?

· Registered
447 Posts
Rounds forward, draw mag, index finger guides it in.
I’m having a hard time imagining a reload with the rounds facing back? At some point in time you have to ‘flip’ the mag like this no? Opp for a fumble?
Always have. Just feels natural. Mag goes into magwell without having to look it in. Each person should do whatever works the best for them.

· Registered
1,462 Posts
For sure. Do what works for you. I’m just trying to visualize it.
Do you draw them with index finger forward or twist your hand a bit to grab them with index finger facing back?
Don't know why it works so well for me but I too keep my mags with the head stamp forward and bullet facing backwards too. My other exception from how most carry their spare mags is my mag holster is sized for 15 round magazines but I keep 17 round magazines in it. This has the mag sticking up a bit for easy grasp. Then, for me my thumb is on the back of the magazine and next two fingers wrapped around the magazine as I pull it from the holder. Rotating my wrist and the mag slides naturally right into the pistol. No need for index finger to guide anything. Years of habit probably override training.

· Administrator
33,045 Posts
Facing forward for me.

He is probably just breaking in the holster.

My mags have projectiles facing forward, too. Mag changes involve the weak-side index finger indexing the projectile side of the mag as it's drawn and loaded into the now empty magwell of my pistol just after the previous mag has been released and allowed to fall to the ground. 🤠

Reactions: joecarry

· Registered
447 Posts
Do you draw them with index finger forward or twist your hand a bit to grab them with index finger facing back?
2nd and 3rd fingers go to backside of mag. Thumb to the front of mag. Hand comes up to clear mag holder and rotates forward and up into magwell. I hope that helps on visualization.

· Registered
17,046 Posts
Facing forward for me.
In the northern hemisphere, facing forward for me.

But, if I'm below the equator (ex: Australia, Argentina), it goes in the opposite direction.

;)

• Haha
Reactions: BeerHunter

· Registered
10,717 Posts
Even with his later description; I can't figure out any way that makes for a smooth, fast reload either.

· Registered
447 Posts
Even with his later description; I can't figure out any way that makes for a smooth, fast reload either.
Rick, I have tried it both ways. The way I do it just seems to work the best for me. When I read that everyone does it the opposite way, I get the same impression you all get about the way I do it. That is all I know to say trying to explain my reasoning. It just works better for me.
Also with a fixed blade, it seems I do it opposite of what everybody else does. I am an oddball, I guess.

· Registered
6,033 Posts
How did you get Jews to hold the leather while it stretches?

Yeah, that was an awkward typo.

101 - 120 of 164 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.