Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Crom is your god, Crom and he lives in the earth. Once, giants lived in the Earth, Conan. And in the darkness of chaos, they fooled Crom, and they took from him the enigma of steel. Crom was angered. And the Earth shook. Fire and wind struck down these giants, and they threw their bodies into the waters, but in their rage, the gods forgot the secret of steel and left it on the battlefield. We who found it are just men. Not gods. Not giants. Just men. The secret of steel has always carried with it a mystery. You must learn its riddle, Conan. You must learn its discipline. For no one – no one in this world can you trust. Not men, not women, not beasts…” [Points to sword] “This you can trust.” – Corin, father of Conan the Barbarian.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Very nice collection you have there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice although I just don’t see why someone needs to earn more than one gun.
I have guns because I like guns. Simple as that. As a free person, I should be able to have what I have because I want it. No need to justify.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Very nice although I just don’t see why someone needs to own more than one gun.
Do you own more than one book? More than one change of clothing?

Sure, those are nonsensical questions.

However, the right to own a gun is all I need to justify how many I (may or may not) own.

That someone else feels differently about guns doesn't factor into my decision to purchase guns at all. Another's feelings have no impact on my rights.

·
Registered
55,088 Posts
Wow, the new two guys don't know the seasoned players here. OldGnome might have joined in 2013, but he's only got 5 posts. The other a month ago.

Relax guys, Shark wasn't being serious about owning one gun.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I was in the local gun store this weekend with my brother.
I have come to the conclusion that I really don't need any more guns.
Or even ammo.

But, they had a good price on some .338 Lapua Match ammo so I picked up a few boxes.
(Probably not a big seller for them.)

My brother walked out with a new EDC carry knife. :)
....which he of course won't carry. :(

·
Super Moderator
29,473 Posts
Nice looking handguns! (y) (y)

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I actually have more than two guns.
Boy....oh Boy..... that is the greatest understatement I have heard in a lot of years.......

·
Super Moderator
6,189 Posts
After Shark had his fun, I hate to throw more water on this thread, but the Riddle of Steel has nothing to do with guns, as Brownie who is an alum of the Riddle will tell you.

·
Registered
55,088 Posts
After Shark had his fun, I hate to throw more water on this thread, but the Riddle of Steel has nothing to do with guns, as Brownie who is an alum of the Riddle will tell you.
Was gonna leave it alone, but yes, the Riddle of Steel blade training events was something my mentor blade instructor developed some 30 years ago now. High speed/low drag events as it were.

The last Riddle of Steel training was 2003. I was in attendance. Made every one of the Riddles for 8 years, may have been 9, it's been a long time in any case.

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
Was gonna leave it alone, but yes, the Riddle of Steel blade training events was something my mentor blade instructor developed some 30 years ago now. High speed/low drag events as it were.

The last Riddle of Steel training was 2003. I was in attendance. Made every one of the Riddles for 8 years, may have been 9, it's been a long time in any case.
That’s the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts