Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If all goes well, we will close on a house in Cape Coral next month.
I thought I'd be able to shoot gaters and snakes when we moved but now I find out they're protected.:dunno

Coming from NY where everything is protected except the 2nd amendment, I guess I can deal with a few rules but I will miss being able to carry when I go back to visit.:pistols

Another thing I'll miss is the great bunch of guys I shoot with every week. I hope I can find a place near the Cape that has similar activities and a like minded crowd.

I've seen IDPA and IPSC but I haven't found a regular CC shoot (bring what you normally concealed carry).

I'm not ready to give up my pre-ban AR or old glock hicap mags yet but maybe in time I'll be less gun shy (or should I say gun-grabber shy). I keep hoping NY will come to its senses and pass some kind of CC reciprocity laws so I can visit without leaving the guns behind.:banghead

Also will be looking to continue training and improving my skills.

Hope to see some of you on the range.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
welcome from SE Florida ... I'm sure you'll find some members in the area

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Welcome.......don't shoot any gators....but grab the snakes and eat 'em.....enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
15,180 Posts
Welcome from Archer

·
Registered
20,601 Posts
the hansen range in south punta gorda has ispc and idpa weekend and night shoots....they also have fun shoots that are shoot what you carry oriented...this website will give you some information...

http://www.swfps.com/

welcome aboard...

eta...i'm from rochester, ny...moved down 6 years ago and havent looked back...

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Sarasota waving hi.
I left NYC 10 years ago. Never went back.

If you ever find yourself saying "that's not how we did it in NY" laydown and let the feeling pass.

It's OK to still root for the Yankees.

AFS

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Welcome from Ft. Lauderdale. I know you'll miss the cold & snow. Have a good time in the Fun-shine State.
New York will never change until the citizens vote out the old and bring in new 2nd Amendment representatives.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Welcome aboard from NW Florida.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Welcome...ex Long Islander here. You'll miss the pizza but at least you can own handguns without a ridiculous rigamarole.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I've seen IDPA and IPSC but I haven't found a regular CC shoot (bring what you normally concealed carry).

Welcome.

That's pretty much what IDPA's Stock Service Pistol class is as long as your EDC is 9mm or better. You may not be competitive with a compact or sub-compact pistol but you can still shoot it. Many IDPA shoots will have an unofficial BUG (Back Up Gun) for .380 and .32 ACP as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts