Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve actually been cheating a bit lately; carrying the engraved 640-1 in a pocket holster. It started to become more than just a ‘walk the dog’ occurrence; so I decided it was time to get one a bit lighter.

I headed out to my favorite LGS this AM to see what Mike had, and the pickin’s were slim.

I looked at a new Airweight, and a new Bodyguard; both with CT Laser grips. I also looked at a new LCR-X. I didn’t want one with an exposed hammer (the LCR-X), and I damn sure didn't want one with a cat toy on it (both the Smiths), but was almost resigning myself to getting the Airweight, and selling the onboard cat toy for whatever I could get for it.

I bitched one last time about that, and the guy picked up something off the back shelf, asking Mike; “can we sell this one?”

“This one”was a stainless Airweight that’d just come in on trade, and Mike said yes, but it hadn’t been cleaned yet. I looked it over, and for a dirty gun it was pretty clean; as in less than a cylinder full of rounds fired clean, with absolutely no finish wear anywhere. Best of all; it was a few hundred less than either of the new “cat toy equipped“ ones!

I had to put a new starter on the airboat this PM, so I haven’t messed with the Airweight any. No pics to show yet; but I did order an Apex kit for it a few minutes ago, the same as the one I put in the 640-1. As a matter of fact; the counter guy at the shop is an older, long time revolver guy (he had a Ruger LCR in his pocket, which he thought was the bees knees). I asked if he’d like to check out the trigger work on my 640-1. He was familiar with the gun, as I’d bought it from him there. He was blown away when he pulled the trigger, and about crapped his pants when I told him the parts only cost 26 bucks.

I’m heading up to camp in the airboat with the older son and grandson with the tide late tomorrow PM, so I may get a chance for a quick cleaning and a pic or two of the “almost new” Airweight tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
Those stocks are nice. Congratulations on the new Revolver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Nice score! I like the grips. IMO, guns look best with wood furniture.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
That’s beautiful, Rick. I don’t understand why you have so many guns, all you need is one isn’t it?

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Those stocks are nice. Congratulations on the new Revolver.
Thanks, Bro.

Nice score! I like the grips. IMO, guns look best with wood furniture.
Thanks, me to.

That’s beautiful, Rick. I don’t understand why you have so many guns, all you need is one isn’t it?
Thanks, Rog.

True, but I’m sure you can understand. :ROFLMAO:

It did clean up pretty good, and the Apex kit should be here Wednesday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts