Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5,294 Posts
I’ll bet you will see people trying to unload the hoard they bought before or during the pandemic. Trying to recover some of that money they spent. That’s when you should move in and pay them cents on the dollar.

I’m jonesing to shoot the 6.5 at distance again but, I’m also holding off till the price per round gets closer to $1.20 or below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Baaahaaw....
Hornady Match .338 Lapua Magnum, 285 gr ELD Match
Box of 20: $139.99 (That's $7 per round.)

Luckily I have a new shotgun to occupy my time.... :)

EDIT: I don't typically shoot Match-grade .338, and my inventory (some might say "stockpile" or even "hoard") was acquired at $3.75 to $4.00 per round.

· Registered
5,294 Posts
Did we ever get a datapoint on ammo prices since the whole Ukraine invasion?

Tonight, I got an email blast from SGAmmo.com and it claims (for Tul-Ammo)
Which, you know, I would never use steel case ammo in my handguns myself, but the claim is interesting?

"Limited supplies remain, no more shipments of this ammo are expected given recent sanctions. I know Russia is highly unpopular these days and with good cause, but Tulammo and Barnaul did supply 30% of the 9mm FMJ range ammo as well as 223 Rem. When existing stockpiles are sold out the consumer will feel the squeeze that puts on supply from other sources with availability shortages and higher prices"

· Registered
5,294 Posts
Yeah, I'm not in the market for more ammo - but was just curious if this Ukraine invasion will extend the high price curve, or not.
Since I never personally buy Russian ammo anyway, I don't have a good foundation upon which to formulate an opinion either way.

But is ammo like oil?
A drop missing here is felt elsewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts