Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im looking to order ammo in bulk now im figuring on order 1000 rds to keep on hand and try to keep my number at a 1000 rds at home now thats just range ammo how much JHPs should i keep on hand with the chance of us getting obamerized im not taking any chances so what would you guys say is a good number?

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have no clue what your cash situation is or what kind of storage you have. I wouldn't stock too much JHP. I don't have the money to purchase thousands of rounds of JHP and ten thousands of rounds of training ammo much less the room to store them.

If I see Obama changing the laws significantly, I may buy a couple hundred rounds of JHP at most and buy as many training rounds as I can. If you need a lot of rounds to protect you and yours, you're not going to worry about them being JHP or FMJ. You're just going to worry about having enough.

·
Registered
139 Posts
It depends on what gun they are for, I find that I never have enough for my semi rifles; my bolt action ammo last longer.
My pistols run from 9mm which I shoot a lot to my .40 which is too expensive to just throw it down range.
I've been getting my 7.62x39 Wolf ammo for $189. per 1000 which isn't too bad for brand new non surplus!

(Remember Admiral Yamamoto said after pearl harbor, that Japan should never invade the American homeland as "there will be a rifle behind every blade of grass." ......Obama will see what he can do to change that.....)

·
Super Moderator
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep i was referring to 9mm and 38s considering is all i have and my next one will also be a 9mm im planning on buying 1000 rds of range ammo but i also plan to keep some JHPs on hand

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
I like to maintain a mimimum 1/10 ratio; 50 premium HPs and 500 practice rounds per revolver, 100 premium HPs and 1000 ball/practice rounds per autopistol. :D

·
Registered
297 Posts
I like to maintain a mimimum 1/10 ratio; 50 premium HPs and 500 practice rounds per revolver, 100 premium HPs and 1000 ball/practice rounds per autopistol. :D

Dude...I'm jealous...of the amount you have...of how organized your stuff is....and of course that you have the space for it to be that way... ;)

I noticed the containers of brass....same ones I use...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ever Enough ?

Hello All,

I find myself being alittle obsessive-compulsive when it comes to ammo.

Keep in mind that our window of opportunity may be dwindling quickly.

The amount of ammo one has may have to last to almost forever. As for my

actual inventory....let it suffice to say that if the need to transport it all to

one place at one time the ole' 1/2 ton P/UP would definately be squatin'

a bit.:rolleyes:

Safety First....Keep your groups tight,

mM

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
Ammo on hand?:rolf

31K in 9mm
18K in 45acp
5K in 357 mag
2K in 38 special
1K in 380 acp
1/2K in 32 acp
12K in 308
9K in 223
1K in 30-30

assorted other numbers in other rifle calibers

Still continuing to increase inventories as well, none is stored on premise but I can get to it when I need it.

None of my guns will become paperweights any time soon:thumsup

Brownie

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
Ammo on hand?:rolf

31K in 9mm
18K in 45acp
5K in 357 mag
2K in 38 special
1K in 380 acp
1/2K in 32 acp
12K in 308
9K in 223
1K in 30-30

assorted other numbers in other rifle calibers

Still continuing to increase inventories as well, none is stored on premise but I can get to it when I need it.

None of my guns will become paperweights any time soon:thumsup

Brownie
It may take me a while to match those numbers with my single-stage press (except for the .38; I already have that much). :rolf

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Ammo is one thing I am always short of. I seem to shoot it as fast as I can buy it..I really need to learn and start reloading. It's the only way I'm going to survive this addiction without going bankrupt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts