Florida Concealed Carry banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
seems kind of comical that the folks who thought ahead and stocked up along with those who seize every opportunity to build their stock are labeled as hoarders and idiots because those who werent prepared cant find ammo...
I agree.

To borrow (and adapt) from George Carlin... "Anyone who has more ammo than me is an ***hole. And anyone who has less than me is an idiot."

I had been buying ammo regularly for the last four years, or so (before the frenzy). I figured I was hedging against future price increases and possible shortages. Ammo doesn't spoil / go bad. I'll eventually use it... or pass it on.

I'm fairly well-stocked. So, does that make me a "hoarder?" Or, am I just SMART?

When prices go back down... I'll be buying more. But, for now I'm comfortably SITTING TIGHT. I can't believe people are paying $90+ for a brick of .22LR!! Crazy.

PS... A friend of mine recently bought his first pistol for home defense, a Glock 17. He asked me where he could buy ammo. The answer was, basically, "nowhere." I asked if he was looking for FMJ or HP (for defense). He replied, "anything." I then discovered that he had an empty gun at home with zero ammo. So, I GAVE him a box of Federal HST. I wouldn't want to know that my friend might be left defenseless in a bad situation... and I could have helped. In exchange, he took me to lunch! Works for me! :)

·
Registered
20,202 Posts
I agree.

To borrow (and adapt) from George Carlin... "Anyone who has more ammo than me is an ***hole. And anyone who has less than me is an idiot."

I had been buying ammo regularly for the last four years, or so (before the frenzy). I figured I was hedging against future price increases and possible shortages. Ammo doesn't spoil / go bad. I'll eventually use it... or pass it on.

I'm fairly well-stocked. So, does that make me a "hoarder?" Or, am I just SMART?

When prices go back down... I'll be buying more. But, for now I'm comfortably SITTING TIGHT. I can't believe people are paying $90+ for a brick of .22LR!! Crazy.
the day after sandy hook i ordered another 1000 rounds of ammo....when i slid it back in the closet it ran into a 1000 round case i forgot i had back there in addition to the ammo cans i keep stocked...i smiled and hoped it would all carry me through this one...ive had to adjust my shooting habits but i think my current supply and the 2000 bullets that are finally being shipped to me from precision delta for my reloading venture ought to keep me from paying too much for ammo for a long tme to come....and if anyone runs into a deal on 231 or hp38 i wouldnt mind a heads up....

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Yes. That is what I believe will happen. But, I won't speculate a time frame.

Let's hope I'm right!
Yes I really hope you are right. That would be amazing if prices do come back to those levels again.

seems kind of comical that the folks who thought ahead and stocked up along with those who seize every opportunity to build their stock are labeled as hoarders and idiots because those who werent prepared cant find ammo...
I don't think I would consider those people who stocked up "idiots" by any means. They are actually smart and have the right mentality.

·
Super Moderator
26,033 Posts
61 - 65 of 65 Posts