Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for having me. I have been in South Florida for about 20 years. I do love it here, my kids were born here and its a great place to raise a family. My home country has very oppressive and tyranical gun laws, basically if you dont bribe or beg, a law abiding private citizen cannot get a permit for the "privilige" of owing a gun. So, only gang members and drug runners are armed, along with a small percentage of wealthy law abiding citizens who can pay the cost. These oppressive laws breed corruption and are in place to make the officials rich, and have nothing to do with safety or stopping crime. So, I have always been pro-2A. Also I always thought "It cant happen in the USA" however after the COVID lockdowns and measures, I realized any government can become tyrannical if they really want to, again I realized the importance and meaning of the 2A. With the protests and riots happening close to home, I also realized my duty to protect my family was more important than before. As soon as I became a proud American citizen I bought an FN 509, and a Sig p365 for caarry. So, I am a relatively new gun owner however eager to learn and continue my training.

Administrator
Good introduction and welcome again to FCC from Palm Beach County, Tigey! 馃嵒

Registered
I grew up in Atlanta where a gun was just a tool and most pickups had shotguns in racks in the rear windows as a child. My first encounter with any kind of gun control was after moving to Fort Lauderdale and hearing stories from New Yorkers about what they had to do just to have a handgun at home.

Registered
Welcome from Jacksonville.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I grew up in Atlanta where a gun was just a tool and most pickups had shotguns in racks in the rear windows as a child. My first encounter with any kind of gun control was after moving to Fort Lauderdale and hearing stories from New Yorkers about what they had to do just to have a handgun at home.
That's the way it should be. A few weeks back my cousin from the UK came to visit me. As you know handguns are illegal in the UK and they have some of the strictest gun control in the world. We got into a bit of a heated debate. They are so deeply embedded in this anti gun mentality, it's almost like an unquestionable religious belief to them. It's not their fault as that's what they were born into. They are so far gone that they are happy to have gun control and think they are better off for having no rights. He told me "I'm glad I don't have to worry about carrying a weapon, we live in a civilized society and are not barbarians walking around with weapons". they have complete blind trust in the government to protect them and have ultimate power over citizens. It's pathetic really...I showed him my FN and he was scared and acted like it was possessed by Satan.

Registered
That's the way it should be. A few weeks back my cousin from the UK came to visit me. As you know handguns are illegal in the UK and they have some of the strictest gun control in the world. We got into a bit of a heated debate. They are so deeply embedded in this anti gun mentality, it's almost like an unquestionable religious belief to them. It's not their fault as that's what they were born into. They are so far gone that they are happy to have gun control and think they are better off for having no rights. He told me "I'm glad I don't have to worry about carrying a weapon, we live in a civilized society and are not barbarians walking around with weapons". they have complete blind trust in the government to protect them and have ultimate power over citizens. It's pathetic really...I showed him my FN and he was scared and acted like it was possessed by Satan.
A gun hating liberal's conversion to appreciating self defense weapons is often very painful.
Too bad most don't get a front row view to the value of being armed as this man does.

Registered
One of my most fun range trips ever (maybe THE most fun) was taking two British friends (a couple) to the range.

They were in Miami after going on a cruise and made the drive up to see me. Before they came, I asked what they'd like to do. GO SHOOTING! They knew I was a "gun guy," and they would LOVE to go shooting (for the first time ever in their lives). And, so we did.

They had a ball! They were absolutely serious when they told me that the range trip was the highlight of their entire vacation. And they've repeated that to me several times since (years later).

Not all Brits are like your cousin. :) And for those who are like your cousin, I rather enjoy telling them that being an armed American is a great reminder of how we won our Independence from the tyrannical British Empire. "George Washington didn't defeat the British with Free Speech. He shot them.... in the face... many times."

I LOVE saying that! 馃榿 'Cuz it pisses them off! LOL!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts