Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any good experiences with the AlienGear ShapeShift Modular holster? I want to buy this holster for my Beretta 92G Elite LTT but I have no clue how good this company and these holsters are. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
26,574 Posts
IMHO, unless one is one a large body type, the Beretta 92 is a quite large for a concealed carry EDC pistol. YMMV!

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
I use their 3.0 and 3.5 for four different guns.

Not sure about the shape shift. I prefer a dedicated master as opposed to a jack of all trades. They say it isn't bigger, but it's damn sure heavier.

And yeah, sweet gun, but, you gotta ask yourself one question. "Do I feel lucky?" Well? Do ya . . . :grin

Yeah, know it's not the same, but it's big!

-on Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Has anyone had any good experiences with the AlienGear ShapeShift Modular holster? I want to buy this holster for my Beretta 92G Elite LTT but I have no clue how good this company and these holsters are. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
If you want to carry it; carry it.

I carry Commander sized 1911s often, and Government Model sized ones pretty often. A good gun belt and good holster actually have more to do with carrying comfortably than pistol size does. That said, Alien Gear isn’t a brand that holds any interest for me. Not to put them down any more than other brands; there’s just a pretty short list of holster brands that I care for.

Kydex: Panther Concealment

Leather: Warbird Leather, Brommeland Gunleather, Mitch Rosen Extraordinary Gunleather, Wilson Combat.

There are several other custom leather holster makers that members here are very pleased with, I just don’t have personal experience with many of them.

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
A lot of people like Alien Gear. From what I hear, they're a good company.

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
A lot of people like Alien Gear. From what I hear, they're a good company.
Leaving the product out of it and only judging their business model and how they operate, they're top notch.

-on Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
26,574 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
If you want to carry it; carry it.

I carry Commander sized 1911s often, and Government Model sized ones pretty often. A good gun belt and good holster actually have more to do with carrying comfortably than pistol size does. That said, Alien Gear isn’t a brand that holds any interest for me. Not to put them down any more than other brands; there’s just a pretty short list of holster brands that I care for.

Kydex: Panther Concealment

Leather: Warbird Leather, Brommeland Gunleather, Mitch Rosen Extraordinary Gunleather, Wilson Combat.

There are several other custom leather holster makers that members here are very pleased with, I just don’t have personal experience with many of them.
I agree Rick, but I'd add Little Bear Custom Holsters to your leather list

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback, most of the good holster companies are custom holster companies and it will take a few weeks to produce. I'll keep looking, I am going try Little Bear and the ones that RickMcC. mentioned, I might lucky and find one that I like.

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, most of the good holster companies are custom holster companies and it will take a few weeks to produce. I'll keep looking, I am going try Little Bear and the ones that RickMcC. mentioned, I might lucky and find one that I like.
Any custom holster is going to be a long wait, I think.

I've bought many ready-to-go holsters that work great. To be clear... I'm not talking about "universal" holsters. They're made / molded to fit a specific gun. I don't think you can go wrong with: Crossbreed, White Hat Holsters, or Alien Gear. There are others as good... too many to list. I'd get a ready-to-go holster for now, at least. Then you can shop around (and WAIT) for a custom holster, if you want one.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Dillon Precision sells holsters made by Mitch Rosen (the black leather OWB ones), and keeps some in stock. Cost is @$75.00.

I think Paul at Warbird Leather has several in stock now. If he makes you one to order, it’ll take about a month to get it.

Wilson Combat has their holsters in stock.

I have two Panther Concealment holsters (kydex) coming Friday. I ordered them last week.

Gary Brommeland is a one man shop. I’ve never gotten a holster from him in less than four months, and usually it’s taken a good bit longer than that. They are worth the wait. I have five of his IWB Max Con-V holsters.

I used to use Galco holsters, and have three. I won’t use or recommend them to anyone after the black die leached from one onto my pants. I returned it to Galco at their request (and my expense), but they wouldn’t do anything about it. Scroom!

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Any custom holster is going to be a long wait, I think.

I've bought many ready-to-go holsters that work great. To be clear... I'm not talking about "universal" holsters. They're made / molded to fit a specific gun. I don't think you can go wrong with: Crossbreed, White Hat Holsters, or Alien Gear. There are others as good... too many to list. I'd get a ready-to-go holster for now, at least. Then you can shop around (and WAIT) for a custom holster, if you want one.
^^^ This. It’s how we all started out and now all have a drawer, or two, full of empty holsters we never wear anymore and keep forever. :grin

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
^^^ This. It’s how we all started out and now all have a drawer, or two, full of empty holsters we never wear anymore and keep forever. :grin
Hey; maybe we should start a “pay it forward” holster thread, and have Beerhunter make it a stickie. We could list the holsters that we’re never going to use again, for others that are in need of holsters.

It’d help others, and free up storage space.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use an aliengear shapeshifter and love it. It is very comfortable. That said, it is a little on the large side. I carry a Glock 23 at 4 PM position. Overall, I do recommend this holster.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts