Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just retired after 40 years in corporate security and my wife convinced me to relocate to Florida. I had a Florida CPL about 25 years ago, when that’s what you did if your state was stupid about guns.

I’ve been a firearms instructor for a number of years, mostly restricting my training to armed security personnel. I’m unfamiliar with my new state’s firearms laws, from carry & defensive use to private purchase and sale.

I look forward to learning here and getting to know you.

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
The concealed carry bible is Florida Firearms Laws use and Ownership it covers most everything you need to know most Concealed Carry Classes use it. Welcome from Lakeland FL.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Hi all,

I just retired after 40 years in corporate security and my wife convinced me to relocate to Florida. I had a Florida CPL about 25 years ago, when that’s what you did if your state was stupid about guns.

I’ve been a firearms instructor for a number of years, mostly restricting my training to armed security personnel. I’m unfamiliar with my new state’s firearms laws, from carry & defensive use to private purchase and sale.

Welcome from Nature's Coast Fl . You're in the right place for sure ! BH one of our moderators will post a lot of Info' you are looking for ! "Gunner";):cool:

·
Super Moderator
31,887 Posts
Hi all,

Welcome to FCC from Palm Beach County, Hobo! 🍻

I'd like to point out that if you're a veteran, take a look at our Military Service Thread where you'll find many of us there, too!

In case you weren't aware, you can stay current on pertinent Florida Statutes regarding justified use of force and Florida firearms law by going right to the source using these links for Chapter 776 - Justifiable Use of Force and Chapter 790 - Weapons and Firearms. I'd also like to suggest you obtain your own copy of FLORIDA FIREARMS Law, Use & Ownership by Jon Gutmacher!

Also, I highly recommend you read this thread to understand how to navigate FCC to get the most out of your experience. One particular item that's caught many veteran FCC members off guard is the "Recommended Reading" at the bottom of each page, which MAY contain quite old threads of inactive conversations lacking up-to-date information or context. So beware of the date of the last post (just to the right of the post number) in any thread you come across so you don't mistakenly think every post is recent and start responding to very old posts/threads that been dormant for quite some time, sometimes for many years.

Again, welcome to FCC and good luck!

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

·
Super Moderator
31,887 Posts
.-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- . / -....- / ..-. .-. --- -- / -... --- -.-. .- / .-. .- - --- -.

Let's see how many get that! :)
W E L C O M E / - / B O C A / R A T O N

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Welcome from Jacksonville

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Welcome to Florida. Florida does not have 100% pro 2 nd Amendment laws but much better than several so called pro gun states. We need to get rid of a few RINOs. Get rid of Nikki baby and make sure Charlie Tuna does not get elected for Governor.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts