1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator
30,402 Posts
Nope. :unsure:

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
I tried it once (a friend sent me a holster for free). Did not like it. Not physically comfortable at all (never minding the mental discomfort).

I prefer IWB at about 4:00.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Not me. Don’t like the position the barrel points at personally. But if it works for you, carry on. (y)

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
I started carrying that way with a glock 36, but I thought it was too dangerious did not want to blow off one of my balls. First find a quality custom holster that only fit's your model gun (Andrews custom leather), Panther concealment are two then try OWB 3:30 or4:00 it's much more comfortable and you won't have to buy bigger pants, it took many years to find what work's for me just trying to save you some time. Good luck

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
I started carrying that way with a glock 36, but I thought it was too dangerious did not want to blow off one of my balls. First find a quality custom holster that only fit's your model gun (Andrews custom leather), Panther concealment are two then try OWB 3:30 or4:00 it's much more comfortable and you won't have to buy bigger pants, it took many years to find what work's for me just trying to save you some time. Good luck
You do definitely have a way with words ! Love It my friend ! Great Info also .. At my age even if they're just paperweights , I just like 'em hanging' around ;)

Me , I have a hard time carrying my PPSH '43 S.M.Gun , without 'Printing' :whistle:

·
Registered
7,596 Posts
Nope. I find it very uncomfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Did for a while. Don't anymore. I was a little uncomfortable with where the muzzle was pointing, but that alone would not have stopped. What I found was that a good belt, and a good holster, around the 3:00 position is both more comfortable and quicker to draw from.

·
Registered
21,222 Posts
Never mind your balls...drawing a gun pointed at a femoral artery is just plain wrong...

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
^^^ I wouldn’t carry in an upside down neck holster with the barrel up towards my head all day either. But I’d that works for you..,,

·
Registered
7,596 Posts
Never mind your balls...drawing a gun pointed at a femoral artery is just plain wrong...
True but, as you can see from this pic below….. even an accidental discharge carrying from 3:00 to 5:00 can be just as bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: brownie

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Ask that cowboy on the YouTube video that shows shooting himself in the leg with his .45 from the Serpa holster.

How did he say it? “I JUST SHOT MYSELF!” :eek: Ouch. He was lucky, very lucky.

·
Super Moderator
30,402 Posts
Ask that cowboy on the YouTube video that shows shooting himself in the leg with his .45 from the Serpa holster.

How did he say it? “I JUST SHOT MYSELF!” :eek: Ouch. He was lucky, very lucky.
I think Tex Grebner might have said an expletive, too:

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
^^^ I was keeping it PG13…you know…for the children. ;)

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
You do definitely have a way with words ! Love It my friend ! Great Info also .. At my age even if they're just paperweights , I just like 'em hanging' around ;)

Me , I have a hard time carrying my PPSH '43 S.M.Gun , without 'Printing' :whistle:
Yeah; a rig like that calls for a single point sling and an overcoat.

·
Registered
14,202 Posts
Hey it’s your penis, testicles and femoral artery. Carry however you want.

• Haha
Reactions: bladenbullet

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Yeah; a rig like that calls for a single point sling and an overcoat.
You are Absolutely Correct Mr. Rick ! It would be great to use in the real winter , not here :unsure: . Maybe I could save some $$$ & pick up a used 'Flasher Coat':eek:

I'd need a second sling for just [ 1 ] loaded 35 Rnd 7.62x25 heavy steel mag as well . I'm trying to figure out How to carry the additional [ 3 ] others also :rolleyes:

I thank you for your excellent advice , as is Your Usual Input .You've more than likely forgot more than I'll ever know ;) (y)(y) 🍻 🇺🇸

1 - 20 of 53 Posts