And the bullet will induce a hypoglycemic coma in the threat! :grin

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
But the bullet deformation! It will be bulging as it exits. :grin

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
I hope they did a Form 1 or a Form 2 to register the Twinkie. :)

ATF takes a dim view on unregistered suppressors and even got a conviction against someone once for putting an unregistered toilet paper tube stuffed with toilet paper on the end of a .22.

Perhaps they might skate by for this one because the Twinkie wasn't attached to the firearm and, as used (it was resting on a log), the firearm wasn't "portable". It's not a silencer if it can't be used to silence a portable firearm.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts

ATF takes a dim view on unregistered suppressors and even got a conviction against someone once for putting an unregistered toilet paper tube stuffed with toilet paper on the end of a .22.

Perhaps they might skate by for this one because the Twinkie wasn't attached to the firearm and, as used (it was resting on a log), the firearm wasn't "portable". It's not a silencer if it can't be used to silence a portable firearm.
Brian! You sure know how to take the magic out of a Twinkie! :grin

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

You gotta be kidding me. I'm going to Google that one...

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
You gotta be kidding me. I'm going to Google that one...
Sorry, my recollection was flawed. It was toilet paper tubes stuffed with "stuffing from some old stuffed animals", not stuffed with toilet paper.

Here's a related link. I didn't follow the case after the initial conviction - maybe his conviction was overturned on appeal somewhere along the line.

One should never assume that a case is too silly for ATF to prosecute. Especially when posting videos that constitute irrefutable proof that you did it.

·
Banned
5,530 Posts
And the bullet will induce a hypoglycemic coma in the threat! :grin
Actually I think it would induce a hyperglycemic coma!!
Also, if Twinkies can survive a thermo nuclear war,they can silence bullets!
I always preferred the cupcakes.

·
Super Moderator
27,076 Posts
Yup, didn't take the time to look it up! Thankfully, medical terminology is not my specialty.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
But are the cupcakes as effective? :dunno

·
Registered
7,715 Posts
I suppose it depends on what kind of diabetes you have and where you are in the progression of the disease. For some type 2 diabetics an influx of high glycemic index carbohydrates will stimulate an over-release of insulin causing a mild hypoglycemia that although not exactly "coma" inducing, is very nap-inducing.

Both hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia can cause a diabetic coma. In the case of hyper your BG has to be pretty high - like over 600 (with normal fasting being less than 100), but in the case of hypo, it doesn't take too much of a drop - dipping below 50 can put you out.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I suppose it depends on what kind of diabetes you have and where you are in the progression of the disease. For some type 2 diabetics an influx of high glycemic index carbohydrates will stimulate an over-release of insulin causing a mild hypoglycemia that although not exactly "coma" inducing, is very nap-inducing.

Both hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia can cause a diabetic coma. In the case of hyper your BG has to be pretty high - like over 600 (with normal fasting being less than 100), but in the case of hypo, it doesn't take too much of a drop - dipping below 50 can put you out.
You are still killing the Twinkie magic! They not only make good suppressors but they regrow hair! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :grin

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
And we still have the old, "Stick your Ruger Mk. I barrel into an empty 2 liter Coke (TM) bottle and fire ONCE!"

Geoff
Who wonders when the ATFE will get around to licensing all plastic bottles and we go back to glass...with all the lawsuits.

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
Ah, so that's what caused the great Twinkie famon, the ATF got wind of this info and bought out the Twinkie factory, bet that DOHS has stockpiles of Twinkies now.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Have they made a determination if different flavors of Twinkies suppress at different levels?

Seem to recall adapters that you could mount to your barrel, then screw an oil filter on it... You know, to catch solvents.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts