Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13,455 Posts
I can’t make that decision for you. I will tell you that I have never and will never go to any public shooting range without having a concealed weapon fully loaded that I am not using. The same goes for walking out to the car. If I went to a range who insisted on that restriction, I’d find another range.

At the local Ranges here in Central Florida there have been numerous suicides, a woman shooting someone in the back of the head and there was an attempted murder where a guy rented a gun and kept stepping out from the firing line calling his girlfriend trying to get her to come meet him so he could shoot her. I have promised my wife I would come back home to her at the end of the day.
That wasn’t someone. That was her son and it was at Shoot Straight.

·
Registered
13,455 Posts
duplicate post
Yes yes it is. If they are breaking into your car and you have a gun in it. It is legal to use deadly force also.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Concealed is concealed but, if I’m asked to leave my carry pistol in the car, I will leave but I’m not coming back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Super Moderator
27,176 Posts
If someone is stealing my gun off a table that's loaded, they are an imminent threat to my life. They could turn the gun's back on myself and the guy I was shooting with and take them after shooting both of us.

Nah, I beg to differ with your consensus completely. Shall I articulate my reasonable fear of grave bodily harm or death and it being imminent further? I would hope you'd amend your position after thinking about the imminent threat they pose once one of my guns has been stolen off a table that's loaded and is now in their possession..
This precisely! 🤠

Reactions: brownie

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
...I'm always armed with some carry gun while shooting on a range. Even when it's against the rules on a sanctioned public range...
I’ve always thought of them more as...”guidelines“. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
15 Posts
As a licensed concealed-carry individual, whenever I go to ANY range I always carry a sidearm which I do not intend to use on the range. Going to-and-from the range, I make several trips so I don't have my hands full and am able to react and defend myself if necessary.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
As a licensed concealed-carry individual, whenever I go to ANY range I always carry a sidearm which I do not intend to use on the range. Going to-and-from the range, I make several trips so I don't have my hands full and am able to react and defend myself if necessary.
I usually keep my right hand empty. It’s been a habit for many years. That said, I can drop stuff with either hand pretty quickly...:LOL:

·
Registered
16,521 Posts
If someone is stealing my gun off a table that's loaded, they are an imminent threat to my life. They could turn the gun's back on myself and the guy I was shooting with and take them after shooting both of us.

Nah, I beg to differ with your consensus completely. Shall I articulate my reasonable fear of grave bodily harm or death and it being imminent further? I would hope you'd amend your position after thinking about the imminent threat they pose once one of my guns has been stolen off a table that's loaded and is now in their possession..
when would there ever be a loaded gun laying on a table for somebody to snatch?

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hard habit to break, eh? Thanks for your service. I still can’t stand directly in front of a door when I knock, bet you can’t either.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Me too, you never forget. Back to the wall, watch the register etc. My family automatically knows which side of the booth I take. I haven’t worn a badge in decades.

·
Registered
54,513 Posts
when would there ever be a loaded gun laying on a table for somebody to snatch?
When you've brought a small table and multiple guns to the sandpit and there's just the two of you there. Long before I ever considered buying a truck which can have the tailgate dropped as a small table as I've done since living here and needing a truck to carry hay for the ex's horse/s.
One of the reasons I left the carry gun loaded on my hip and wasn't shooting it that day. You're in the middle of nowhere with no one around on a quiet early Sunday morning. If one or more of the guns was unloaded, there'd have been multiple mags loaded on the table which could easily be inserted and have the gun hot in what, 2 seconds? As even in my 20's I couldn't run 20 yrds in 2 seconds, when in the middle of nowhere, I stayed armed up.

·
Registered
54,513 Posts
I usually keep my right hand empty. It’s been a habit for many years. That said, I can drop stuff with either hand pretty quickly...:LOL:
Had a retiring chief give me several pieces of advice.
1. Always wear 3 guns in uniform
2. Always leave your gun hand free.
3. Never approach a vehicle on a stop without one of 2 of the 3 guns in hand [ concealed ], excluding duty weapon on hip. He suggested a small hammerless J frame in jacket pocket.

I listened to and followed this old chiefs recommendations as he'd survived a few gun nasties on the street when he was in uniform and had years of knowledge about police work and practical experience. After he saw my draw stroke, playing on the range one day, he commented that I might be able to carry someone in my gun hand as long as I never hesitated to drop what I was holding to effect a draw. To this day, I leave the gun hand free much of the time. Old habits are hard to break

21 - 37 of 37 Posts