Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I went to get new glasses I found out that I have been shooting right handed for 50 years and I'm left eye domminent . I'm right handed and after 50 years I don't think there is anything I should change ,but I can be wrong .I got the safety bi-fold deniarl glasses that Racer recomended and the magnifyer part seems to be a game changer although I have not tried it at the range yet. If there is something that I should change I'm up for it .Getting old sucks .

Registered
When I went to get new glasses I found out that I have been shooting right handed for 50 years and I'm left eye domminent . I'm right handed and after 50 years I don't think there is anything I should change ,but I can be wrong .I got the safety bi-fold deniarl glasses that Racer recomended and the magnifyer part seems to be a game changer although I have not tried it at the range yet. If there is something that I should change I'm up for it .Getting old sucks .
I'm cross dominant myself. Shoot right handed, left eye dominant. When both eyes are open, the dominant eye takes over which means you and I shoot cross dominantly [ and we do keep both eyes open when shooting right? ]

What's the problem, I've never had a problem shooting cross dominant. Most people who've seen me shoot would never guess I'm a cross dominant shooter. However when I switch to shooting left handed [ I'm ambi for the most part in everything ] I'm not cross dominant shooter. Shoot the way you've been shooting and stop fretting about it.

I suggested threat focused shooting where you only need to see the threat. A simple pair of glasses would suffice. We all struggle with eye sight when we get older. When I was 30 and had better than perfect vision, I still shot threat focused. 42 year at it now.

When the time comes I need corrective lenses for distance, I'll still not choose bifocals. I'll just take off the glasses and use cheaters. That way, I can continue to shoot very well as long as long as I'm alive likely.

Let us know how you find those new spectacles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts