Florida Concealed Carry banner

201 - 220 of 227 Posts

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Once again....

If you haven't read this thread, Just DO IT!!!!!
Wow...what a coincidence, not an hour ago I was on the phone with my daughter and talked her through finding this thread so she could begin her education. Also trying to give her an idea who Swamp Rat is because I am financing her and my son in law going to see him for some one on one training time. She has finally decided to take responsibility for her safety. I think having a new baby is bringing out the Mama Bear in her.

I don't know anyone I would rather have teach her to protect herself and my grandson.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
That's awesome, Nick.
Quite a coincidence to get on the phone with her, walk in the house, sit down to relax after driving from St Pete and find this very same thread resurrected. I bet he could write a heck of a book on the subject. Imagine the anecdotes.....lol.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Great info here, I read most of this today while killing time in the sheep barn at the Central Florida Fair. I cannot think of a more worth while use of the time then to learn some new tips that could save myself or my family.
:thumsup

·
Registered
822 Posts
I'm wondering if there's any hope of picking this 'class' back up? Could we get some more info on 'sings of intent' (from way back at the beginning? Or about criminal mindset? Or attack and reaction (the last two steps of a violent crime)? Also, you mentioned some training materials (books, vids, etc). Is there anything out yet? Anything you'd recommend?

Thanks for offering this info. Really learning a lot.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
This thread is almost 4 years old...and you want me to start up the class again?..I know we didnt cover it all but it was growing kind of stale when I decided to drop it...waning interest so to speak...I also understand we have a whole new crop of FCC members....the material presented here touches on the basics or at least some of it...There is much much more but it becomes detailed to the extent it would probably lull y'all to sleep and become so confusing you would lose interest in short order...its called "info overload"...However I am glad that so many have found some of the info presented beneficial..

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
This thread is almost 4 years old...and you want me to start up the class again?..I know we didnt cover it all but it was growing kind of stale when I decided to drop it...waning interest so to speak...I also understand we have a whole new crop of FCC members....the material presented here touches on the basics or at least some of it...There is much much more but it becomes detailed to the extent it would probably lull y'all to sleep and become so confusing you would lose interest in short order...its called "info overload"...However I am glad that so many have found some of the info presented beneficial..
Hey Terry, Thank you.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Well, I'm new to the site. Read this whole thread today and took notes like I used to in college. Now I've got an outline with a few holes in it, waiting to see if our gracious teacher might fill in some gaps:) I really appreciate your generosity here. I can tell you that I'm not board. And info overload is no problem--that's the beauty of bring online and taking notes. If its too much, I'll just put it down and pick it up after I've 'digested' some. As for being 4 years old, who cares? As long as the info is still correct of updated, age is no mater. Now if you're tired of it and don't wanna go on, that's something else. Either way, I appreciate what you've taught. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Never get tired of teaching....We'll see

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Terry, Thank you.
You're welcome Nick...glad it helped with Summer...

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Terry,

I just started reading this today (currently on page 13) thanks to whomever brought it back! It's fantastic and has me wanting to take a class with my wife. I know just enough to know I have much to learn and she has zero knowledge but has an open mind. We both would greatly benefit from the experience. Did you ever put together webinars/DVD's (forgive me if I haven't read that far yet) and as there was some mention of travel do you ever get down to SE Florida? Thanks SO MUCH for sharing your knowledge! Just one more reason I love this site.

·
Super Moderator
19,788 Posts
Wanted to bring this back to the top again.

Great info on Awareness, Avoidance, Action...especially for the folks that just attended Brownie's H2H class...here's another part of the equation.

One of these days, I'm going to go and clean out the side-line conversations (guilty), and condense this a bit. Just too much good info here.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Wow! This thread has legs... even after 5 years from the OP.

I'd say burglary or petit theft would be the most likely crime I'd face out here on the north side of TLH.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Dang. I just saw the recent post and didn't even look and the one above. Looks like it's still kicking lol

·
Super Moderator
19,788 Posts
Thanks for bringing this back to the top. I bring it up occasionally. There is gold here, if you take the time to read it all.

201 - 220 of 227 Posts