Florida Concealed Carry banner

A gem of a 9mm automatic.

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  196THL.I.B.GUNNER 
#1 ·

It is third generation S&W automatic, specifically a full-size first production variant model 5903 9mm aluminum frame topped off with a compact slide and barrel from model 6904. Only 1,500 ever made in 1990 for Lew Horton Distributing Co. Inc.

Here's the original dealers sale's flyer.

I replaced the factory grips with a set from Hogue and use the 17rd Mec-Gar made magazines in it.

See less See more
#3 ·
That's a very nice piece! (y)(y)

#7 ·
Yes, the 3rd Gen 9mm guns use all the same magazines as the 1st Gen 9mm guns. I had a Model 59 and used 5906 mags in it. The Mec-Gar mags are made for them. The only difference between a Model 59 and a 5906/5903 magazine is the original 1st Gen mags were 14rders and blued with a metal floorplate. The 3rd Gen mags are 15rders, stainless, and have a plastic floorplate.

#9 ·
Hi there Mr. Brownie .. You never cease to amaze me with your outstanding knowledge base .. I learn quite a bit from you , this still another one !

When you get a book in print , Let me know , I would be Extremely proud to own and read it Thoroughly ! Your Friend , Charlie [ aka 'gunner' ];)(y)(y)(y)🍻🍻

My Apologies for my rough start some [ 8 ] months ago .Lesson learned 🇺🇲🇺🇲

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.