Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It is third generation S&W automatic, specifically a full-size first production variant model 5903 9mm aluminum frame topped off with a compact slide and barrel from model 6904. Only 1,500 ever made in 1990 for Lew Horton Distributing Co. Inc.

Here's the original dealers sale's flyer.

I replaced the factory grips with a set from Hogue and use the 17rd Mec-Gar made magazines in it.

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Nice old school Smith!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
29,889 Posts
That's a very nice piece! (y)(y)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Will the old model59 mags work with it?
I still have a 59 in excellent condition after all these yrs plus 10 or more mags

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will the old model59 mags work with it?
I still have a 59 in excellent condition after all these yrs plus 10 or more mags
Yes, the 3rd Gen 9mm guns use all the same magazines as the 1st Gen 9mm guns. I had a Model 59 and used 5906 mags in it. The Mec-Gar mags are made for them. The only difference between a Model 59 and a 5906/5903 magazine is the original 1st Gen mags were 14rders and blued with a metal floorplate. The 3rd Gen mags are 15rders, stainless, and have a plastic floorplate.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Shopped at Lew's for years up there in Ma. They'd have special runs of guns made specifically for their store. The "03" designates it as an aluminum frame.
Hi there Mr. Brownie .. You never cease to amaze me with your outstanding knowledge base .. I learn quite a bit from you , this still another one !

When you get a book in print , Let me know , I would be Extremely proud to own and read it Thoroughly ! Your Friend , Charlie [ aka 'gunner' ];)(y)(y)(y)🍻🍻

My Apologies for my rough start some [ 8 ] months ago .Lesson learned 🇺🇲🇺🇲

1 - 9 of 9 Posts