Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Super Moderator
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BLAZER 9MM LUGER 115GR FMJ - $8.89 - 50ea - 1.31 lbs.

BLAZR BRASS AMMO 9MM 115GR FMJ - $9.99 - 50ea - 1.65 lbs.

Would someone please tell me the difference between these two? Based on the weight it would seem that the Luger is lighter but I don't know what that means.

I was going to buy ammo from Natchez but as usual there are always more questions from being a novice, and I have no idea which one to order. It is for my husband's Walther PPS.

Thanks for clearing this up for me.

MamaBear

· Registered
1,179 Posts
I don't know for sure but the blazer ammo probably has an aluminum case which is lighter than the brass case.

The blazer brass has brass cases. I would go with the blazer brass, since some weapons do not like the aluminum.

the 115 grain bullet is the same

· Registered
2,083 Posts
It's just the case. The cheaper ammo uses aluminum cases, while the Blazer Brass is...um...brass.

I can get Blazer Brass in 9mm from Wally World pretty much for what Natchez is charging for the aluminum Blazer ammo. Brass is my preference anyway, because I give my spent brass to my instructor, who reloads.

-JT

· Registered
10,556 Posts
BLAZER 9MM LUGER 115GR FMJ - $8.89 - 50ea - 1.31 lbs.

BLAZR BRASS AMMO 9MM 115GR FMJ - $9.99 - 50ea - 1.65 lbs.

Would someone please tell me the difference between these two? Based on the weight it would seem that the Luger is lighter but I don't know what that means.

I was going to buy ammo from Natchez but as usual there are always more questions from being a novice, and I have no idea which one to order. It is for my husband's Walther PPS.

Thanks for clearing this up for me.

MamaBear
MamaBear,

The CCI AMMO 9MM LUGER 115gr BLAZER FMJ is lighter because it is made of aircraft-grade aluminum alloy case but is not reloadable. That is why it is lighter.

http://www.grafs.com/product/184925

CCI AMMO 9MM LUGER 115gr BLAZER FMJ 50/bx 20/cs
Price: $10.99

Product Information
Blazer ammunition features an aircraft-grade aluminum alloy case (not reloadable) for smooth feeding in any gun. Clean burning propellants deliver optimum velocity while ensuring consistent chamber pressures. Non-corrosive CCI primers for highly sensitive and reliable performance. This is loaded ammunition.
The BLAZR BRASS AMMO 9MM 115GR FMJ ammunition is made from brass and are reloadable brass cases, thus that is why it is heavier.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=CC5200

BLAZR BRASS AMMO 9MM 115GR FMJ
Item Price: $13.95 $9.99

Inexpensive practice used to mean settling for imported ammo of questionable quality. Not anymore! Blazer Brass Ammunition brings shooters the reliability and quality of American-made ammunition built to SAAMI standards. Blazer Brass Ammunition is loaded in reloadable brass cases for added value. Standard Boxer-type primers and primer pockets mean you can reload Blazer Brass cases just like any other case. 50/box, 20/case.

· Registered
684 Posts
Mamabear,

I believe you are here in Orlando as well. Which I can confirm that the walmart on Colonial, (closest to Alafaya Trail) does have Blazer Brass for 8.97 a box.

I bought 400 rounds for my trip to the range this weekend! I bought it Saturday about 1pm.

Might be worth a call at least (if you live near the UCF area).

· Super Moderator
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, teter09. Looks like I can head over that way as soon as I finish reading about the difference in the ammo question I posted.

MamaBear

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.