Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the course of my "Soul Searching" on whether or not to think about getting a Glock 30 or 36 (in .45acp) I came across this article that I thought would interest you guys (and gals).

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/9mm%20vs%2045.htm

In a nutshell, I will be sticking with the 9mm for the time being. Not because I think it is better inherently.

But, rather because I am pretty accurate with it.

No matter what side of the argument you end up on, its not a bad article.

·
Registered
204 Posts
That article is by Stephen Camp one of the most respected writers out there. When it comes to the HP pistols there is none better than him. He knows what he is talking about that's for sure. :thumsup

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Very long but good read. I recommend this article for everyone carrying a gun. Especially for us new to firearms this takes away some of the myths we hold in our heads about what handguns can and will do all the time. I'll still try to see if I can shoot just as good with a .40 cal as my 9mm but I now have more confidence in what I currently carry.

This sums it all up.
An experienced old lawman once told me that a man can be the easiest or the hardest "critter" to put down and the problem is that you never know which you're getting. I think that maybe what he was trying to say is that while a man is an animal, wild animals are not men. If a man is shot and thinks about what has just happened, his human drive to survive may include stopping what he's doing or begging for help. A javelina or deer or bear, etc will not stop until it physically can do nothing else. On the other hand, if a shot man simply reverts to some primordial anger or rage (I'm not sure what to call it) and simply lets his animalistic side come out, he may very well be a most difficult opponent. For 200-lb. animals, we sometimes see even high-powered rifles fail to provide instant "stops." I do not know how to factor in the adrenaline dump that can occur when we're suddenly injured or realizing that we must fight to survive, but I do believe that all of the preceding can play a significant role in the area of stopping power.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Konrad,

Great find. Thanks for sharing it with us. I have both a 9mm and a .40 cal. I find myself carrying the .40 more because it is compact while the 9mm is full sized.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts