Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I built the PF940CL 80 Percent Pistol Frame Kit. This is a Glock 19 Frame Glock 17 Gen 3 Slide. I am using the Advantage Arms .22 Long Rifle Conversion Kit. Thinking about purchasing a 9 mm slide for it.
Just curious if it is legal to carry a firearm made from an 80 percent lower.
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Composite material

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
There are no laws against carrying a P80. A few states have outlawed the mere possession of an unserialized P80. But, I'm assuming you're here in Florida.

Over on the MGB forum, there are plenty of guys who carry a P80.

My only concern about carrying a P80 is that I would thoroughly safety check the gun (which should be done anyway).

I would recommend watching this video and applying these safety checks to your P80.

Reactions: oldhunter1954

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are no laws against carrying a P80. A few states have outlawed the mere possession of an unserialized P80. But, I'm assuming you're here in Florida.

Over on the MGB forum, there are plenty of guys who carry a P80.

My only concern about carrying a P80 is that I would thoroughly safety check the gun (which should be done anyway).

I would recommend watching this video and applying these safety checks to your P80.

Thanks so much.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I built mine to be a range gun, but I would carry it if necessary. My trigger pull is less than most would ever want their (3 pounds) trigger on a EDC firearm, but it was built for me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I built mine to be a range gun, but I would carry it if necessary. My trigger pull is less than most would ever want their (3 pounds) trigger on a EDC firearm, but it was built for me.
Very good point. My stock Glock 43 has a heavy trigger pull. Seems like a good idea for EDC.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Very good point. My stock Glock 43 has a heavy trigger pull. Seems like a good idea for EDC.
No reason not to, as long as you feel it passes all the safety tests.

Have you built any other P80 projects? I recently completed my first. Got a couple more frames waiting in the wings. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the process (though frustrating at times). And, I REALLY like the end product... and that I built it. Very cool.

This G34 is purely a range toy.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Composite material

Gun barrel Air gun Gun accessory Trigger Machine

Reactions: joecarry

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Have you built any other P80 projects? I recently completed my first. Got a couple more frames waiting in the wings. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the process (though frustrating at times). And, I REALLY like the end product... and that I built it. Very cool.

View attachment 72575

View attachment 72576

View attachment 72575

View attachment 72576
I am looking for a P80 frame kit for the Glock 43. Most are out of stock.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
I am looking for a P80 frame kit for the Glock 43. Most are out of stock.
Here ya go. They've got FDE, Gray, OD Green, and even Cobalt in stock!

Also here. This is where I've gotten a bunch of my stuff:

Reactions: oldhunter1954
1 - 8 of 8 Posts