121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,763 Posts
🤣

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
We set this up on top of the target stand for Racer to try and hit but, he missed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To be honest I didn’t even see it in the top pic the first time I looked at it. Guess it would be hard to shoot if you can’t see it. Perhaps he should’ve just used the Force.

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
Also would like to mention I set up a rubber glove filled with air and attached it to the plate stand. I painted it white to be able to see it better. Racer deflated it. Nice shot.

Remember...all this was done at 500yds with wind.

·
Super Moderator
27,763 Posts
To be truthful, with variable wind over the 500 yard range.

·
Registered
6,388 Posts

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Hitting it is the easy part.
Picking the petals off one-by-one.... now we're talking! :)
I'll leave that to you, Mr. Shoot the 3/8" edge of a plate on purpose! 😁

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
I really enjoyed the day at the range with you fellas. I'm tellin' ya... it's therapeutic! Especially, with all the $hit going on, it's SO nice to get away from it.

We didn't even talk politics! Just guns and shootin'!

·
Super Moderator
27,763 Posts
I really enjoyed the day at the range with you fellas. I'm tellin' ya... it's therapeutic! Especially, with all the $hit going on, it's SO nice to get away from it.

We didn't even talk politics! Just guns and shootin'!
Wish this site would talk less politics and more guns and chootin'! 🤠

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Wish this site would talk less politics and more guns and chootin'! 🤠
I had lunch with a friend today, and of course, politics came up (she and I are on the same side). She asked me how my range day went (saw it on FB). And, then she asked me if we talked politics at the range (and assumed most, if not all of you were conservatives).

When she asked that question, it dawned on me... It didn't even come up! We were all "in the zone."

I find shooting is much like skiing, scuba diving, and racing a car on the track. It's an activity that is so engrossing, that the rest of the world disappears. It takes your mind off of EVERYTHING else. It's very zen... meditative.

Of course, the competitive smack talk makes for some good laughs, too!

Hey, Bob... maybe a new marketing angle. Ballistic therapy sessions!

"Politics, the economy, and bad news got you down? Stressed out? Melt your worries away at the range with a Marine Corps Rifle Instructor who won't cut you ANY slack!"

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
Politics? What’s that?

Reactions: racer88

·
Registered
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
My politics on the range is getting folks to hit more steel. That’s my politics.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I have a question:

Now that I've hit a 3/8" target from 500 yards, do I still have to practice upping my banter game with Caleb? :)
Just wondering....

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
Yes you do. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
Finally put all my gear away and updated my database / range records / ammo inventory.

I fired 86 rounds on Monday for our 500-yard extravaganza. How many did you guys fire?

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
Exactly 100 rounds. Only have a 100 more.

Reactions: racer88
121 - 140 of 145 Posts