Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Just talked to a gun-smith about this on Friday afternoon, but thought I'd get your take.)

When I first bought this gun, (Auto-Ordnance/1911/Gov't Model), I thought I'd stick with FMJ for range shooting and probably for self defense carry as well, as I heard Hollow Points have a tendency to jam up.

So I did NOTHING but jam with FMJ ammo. 230 gr. I'm like, "What the hell?" So I talked to a gun dealer in town, and he gave me a 20-count box of 185 gr. Silvertip, hollow points. Fired off those twenty, no jams. Bought another 100 rounds, no jams. Put in the FMJ's again...........jam after 4 shots. (feed and ejection)

So this gun-smith I talked to on Friday says, "That's TOTALLY opposite! I want to see that gun!"

Thoughts?

-Wraith

·
Registered
64 Posts
REmington 45 ACP jams

I have a Bersa 45 Ultra Compact thatd does EXACTLY the same thing with Remington ammo - works on JHP and does not go into battery with FMJ.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I was just saying in another thread, I've got the kinks worked out of mine now.

Using different mags, (CMC "Power Mags"), installed a brand new extractor, and had the feed ramp polished.

Now I'm not jamming with either FMJ or Hollow Points. (I will jam with "old" ammo. The ones I burn off on the range with scratches, pits, mars, or deeper/under seated bullets I don't like.)

-Wraith

1 - 3 of 3 Posts