Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, we've been waiting on DocH to complete his tests on the 45cal ammo like he did on the 9mm last year. He finally got them completed and posted up the results. Start on page 3 post #28..All tests were done on wetpacks and Doc is very thorough at what he does, pics and all. All were shot from a 5" and 4" guns. http://www.threatfocused.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2213&page=3

Good stuff

·
Registered
55,472 Posts
Yes sir,

The Doc is pretty thorough in his testing and posted results. I've posted the extrapolation of the data so it's easier to make sense of the materials as it's quite extensive.

Brownie

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Great stuff gentlemen. Know if there is anything like it out there for .40 S&W?

·
Registered
55,472 Posts
Docs done the 9mm testing, and the 45acp testing but he won't be doing any 40 testing as he doesn't carry that caliber----- sorry about that, I think it would be interesting though.

He's presently scheduled to do some testing with clothing barriers on some of the better 9 and 45 loads from the previous testing to determine of the better loads are still viable after going through various layers of denim, etc

That won't be till late spring 09. I'm scheduled to be at his location putting on a class in Ga around then as well. Dates to be announced.

Brownie

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Docs done the 9mm testing, and the 45acp testing but he won't be doing any 40 testing as he doesn't carry that caliber----- sorry about that, I think it would be interesting though.

He's presently scheduled to do some testing with clothing barriers on some of the better 9 and 45 loads from the previous testing to determine of the better loads are still viable after going through various layers of denim.

Brownie
Do you have a link for the 9mm testing results. Would be interesting to we what my carry ammo can do.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That was very enlightening. My biggest surprise in reading through that was the ineffectiveness of the double tap and the performance of the WWB. I carried Double Taps in my carry gun for a while but eventually swapped them out for the 230 gr. Gold Dots. I will definitely buy some of the Federal HST2 and give it a run through my .45's and see what kind of performance I get. Thanks to all you guys for your efforts in getting this data out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts