Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a trust with the Florida Carry promotion a while back. I Form 1d an SBR and have had it a while now. So with the ATF changes coming I have a question.

1. I am the only Trustee.
2. I also listed my wife as "successor trustee"
3. I listed my minor children as "settler's beneficiaries"
4. Paragraph 1 of the trust says "The additional Co-Trustees shall be named on Exhibit "1" to this trust and shall not be valid untill the Co-Trustee executes a copy of the attached Declaration of Co-Trustee found in Exhibit "2" and attached to this Trust. Exhibits "1" and "2" shall be incorporated into this trust as it is updated from time to time by the Settlor or a majority of them serving Trustees.
(I added the bold)

So I put my wife on in case I am incapacitated or dead. However she has not signed to Exhibit 1 or 2 to activate her as trustee.

If I decide to go forward with another NFA item after 41F goes into effect will I need to provide picture, finger prints and background check for my wife?

·
Registered
16,519 Posts
Good question.
My wife is beneficiary with conditions. She can only take possession of them till my son is of age to do so.
And then it all goes to him as main beneficiary. This prevents her from selling everything for the $200 I told her I paid for them. :grin
So she is more like a guardian of the estate if I pass before new old enough to legally own them.

·
Registered
10,569 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link I will look. If anyone else has any thoughts I would still like to hear them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts