Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
I'm thinking of finealy getting my long waited for "Infidel 3.96" benchmade doubble edged D2 steel steletto. I have admired it for a couple of years and can't think of any fire arm I want that isn't full auto. Are there any differnt steels that would be better?

·
Registered
54,234 Posts
I'm thinking of finealy getting my long waited for "Infidel 3.96" benchmade doubble edged D2 steel steletto. I have admired it for a couple of years and can't think of any fire arm I want that isn't full auto. Are there any differnt steels that would be better?
Shows the steel is D2, one of the best carbon tool steels for knives.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I have decided to go with the Esee 4. After handling Pig’s (thank you, Sir) at Threat Focused, I knew it would fit the role I need it for. It 1095 steel so I will need to keep it oiled but, sharpening will be easy for me. I’ll see how the sheath is that comes with it. I’ll most likely get a Panther though. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and info.

Here is a google picture of the one I purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Is that the same as artemis’s this weekend?

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Similar, hers was a 6”. The one with the Orange handle is the same as what I ordered.

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
I’ve had one with the black coated blade for over a year now. It lives in my hang around the house/walk the dog shorts, hasn’t a speck of rust on the D2 blade anywhere, and holds an edge very well.

I’ve never put any kind of oil or CLP on the blade either, as that’s usually considered a no-no on OTF autos.

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
I have decided to go with the Esee 4. After handling Pig’s (thank you, Sir) at Threat Focused, I knew it would fit the role I need it for. It 1095 steel so I will need to keep it oiled but, sharpening will be easy for me. I’ll see how the sheath is that comes with it. I’ll most likely get a Panther though. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and info.

Here is a google picture of the one I purchased.

I don’t own an Esee as yet, but I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a negative comment about the brand.

Congrats on your new knife!

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Received.

·
Registered
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Yes and that’s the role I’ve chosen this blade for. Now to save up for a fighting blade.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I've got a few Mora knives but lean toward ESEE and Becker Kabar's for heavier duty work.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I keep a Mora in the truck in addition to the baby Kbar. Cheap and easy to sharpen. Strapped to my get home pack with mags and such. Epstein did not kill himself
I have a half dozen mora stashed here and there, they are great little knives. I agree about Epstein to :popcorn

21 - 34 of 34 Posts