Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things are too slow here, so I must post! I have found the statistics related to the 357 SIG intriguing. Good velocity, great pistol energy, accuracy claims, etc., so decided to jump into that pond and see how I liked it. I really was trying to avoid buying a new or used gun and ended up finding a very lightly used 9mm to 357 SIG exchange kit for my SIG P226 for a (somewhat) reasonable price. It arrived and looks great, so I picked up some 125 gr FMJ and JHP to try out. Off to the range tomorrow to see what I think about this caliber. The P226 is my nightstand gun and, if I like the way the 357 SIG runs, the exchange barrel and slide will start riding on the P226.

For those of you that shoot this caliber, what do you think? I know the ammo can be expensive, but I've reloaded for 40 years and have read up on the potential issues reloading this caliber. Those issues don't seem to be show stoppers, so jump in reloader and tell me of your good/bad experiences.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I really like .357 Sig. and have a couple. The ammo is easy if you stock up online as needed. It’s
loud and I don’t find shooting it much different than .40. I have the guide rod laser for .357 Sig P226 Legion and it works nicely. If you buy Gold Dot, the ammo model number ending in 18 is a little slower than #54234. Underwood is, of course really hot.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
It is my EDC caliber/ammo. Mine is a Steyr M40A1 with a 357 Sig barrel.

If you miss with the bullet, the muzzle flash and noise will flash-bang them into submission.:)

I don't reload for it, but SGAmmo.com has it in bulk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts