Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He’d regulate them under the NFA at a cost of $200 per gun, but they’d also be registered, which is the first step towards confiscation.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
Good luck. First the buffoon has to get elected. I think that will be his first major hurdle.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Good luck. First the buffoon has to get elected. I think that will be his first major hurdle.
I think you are right about that, however I won't start breathing again until after the election

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
From the article...

"The Giffords’ memorandum specifically defines “assault weapons” to include the AR-15, stating: “Assault weapons are a class of semiautomatic firearms that are designed to kill people quickly and efficiently."

So, I guess the takeaway is that Gifford and her ilk would have no problem with firearms that are designed to kill people slowly and inefficiently. Hell, we have already hunting laws preventing that.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
AD, Breitbart, in my experience, panders to the far right. That’s legit because there are other organizations that pander to the far left. Their article said “could” cost $200 per AR 15.

Reading your comment and reading their article, I thought I would go to the horses mouth and read Biden’s plan. Holy crap, it’s much worse than either Breitbart or yourself ever talk about. He has things in there about buying back A.R. 15‘s and just some stuff that we gun folk immediately view as almost impossible and completely ludicrous.

I am of the belief that this crazy rioting and looting has oriented many people toward the thought that we are our own first line of defense. I believe that certainly explains the rush on guns and ammo. I am an eternal optimist but I’m hopeful that will mitigate against any crazy gun control or registration.

As an example, yesterday I got a frantic call from a very liberal lawyer friend. His 17-year-old daughter had been hanging with a possible drug dealer. She ran away from home and was believed to be in this sort of “commune”of druggies. He said he knew I was a gun guy and was the only one he knew that he could call that might know how to handle the situation. He was out of state at the time and his brother was afraid to go to the drug house. I took appropriate defensive precautions and spent quite a while talking to pasty, anemic looking druggies trying to find his daughter. The father now wants a gun and wants me to make recommendations and give him a little training.(maybe I can finally get rid of my High Point collection)

We’ve got to be objective and recognize that Biden may have a shot, no pun intended. If that occurs, I don’t think his “goals“ will be very easily achieved. It’s easy to list a lot of lofty goals but may not be so easy to sell them to a public that’s afraid.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The first thing that will happen after a Biden/Harris win, is gun control. It is the one thing all Democrats, left and lefter, agree on. It will be an early push to get a "win" and build momentum for the enslavement to follow.
This was the plan after a presumptive Hilary win in 2016. Recall the anti-NRA movie with Jessica Chastain that came out late in 16/early 17. Too late to pull from the release schedule, so it bombed due to the changed circumstances. But had the WFH actually won, the media and Democrats (but I repeat myself) would have been all in on permanent AWB II with confiscation.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Without a list or with one that could be very foolhardy undertaking.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AD, Breitbart, in my experience, panders to the far right. That’s legit because there are other organizations that pander to the far left. Their article said “could” cost $200 per AR 15.

Reading your comment and reading their article, I thought I would go to the horses mouth and read Biden’s plan. Holy crap, it’s much worse than either Breitbart or yourself ever talk about. He has things in there about buying back A.R. 15‘s and just some stuff that we gun folk immediately view as almost impossible and completely ludicrous.

I am of the belief that this crazy rioting and looting has oriented many people toward the thought that we are our own first line of defense. I believe that certainly explains the rush on guns and ammo. I am an eternal optimist but I’m hopeful that will mitigate against any crazy gun control or registration.

As an example, yesterday I got a frantic call from a very liberal lawyer friend. His 17-year-old daughter had been hanging with a possible drug dealer. She ran away from home and was believed to be in this sort of “commune”of druggies. He said he knew I was a gun guy and was the only one he knew that he could call that might know how to handle the situation. He was out of state at the time and his brother was afraid to go to the drug house. I took appropriate defensive precautions and spent quite a while talking to pasty, anemic looking druggies trying to find his daughter. The father now wants a gun and wants me to make recommendations and give him a little training.(maybe I can finally get rid of my High Point collection)

We’ve got to be objective and recognize that Biden may have a shot, no pun intended. If that occurs, I don’t think his “goals“ will be very easily achieved. It’s easy to list a lot of lofty goals but may not be so easy to sell them to a public that’s afraid.
I think one only has to look at whalt happened in Virginia after Democrats got control of both houses and the governorship to see what will happen if the same situation occurs at the Federal level. Thankfully, with the appointment of ACB to the Supremes, there may be a check on their gun control ambitions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts